Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey...where are they now?

Originally posted by ITTdriver:
    The ITT entrants at Rd Atlanta are certainly more credible as road racers than the Tonka boys...

Yeah, thank goodness you don't have any hacks like Boris Said, Jan Lammers, and Duncan Dayton filling your ranks!

(the drivers in the STRANA trucks on Fri during PLM weekend)

-jde

------------------
    J.D. Ellis
    OVR #71 ITS Olds Calais
    [email protected]

Surely they weren't the "hacks" who kept spinning at 10! I was actually referring to the package of vehicle and driver.

------------------
    Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are sports. The rest are just games.
    Hemingway.

Where any of the SUV's ever run in these truck series? Pathfinders, Jeep Cherokees, 4 Runners and the like? Is there general interest to run or watch these types of cars run with ITT? I got 177,000 miles out of my first Pathfinder transmission, and the engine is still as strong as the day it was purchased. I wonder how it would last under road race conditions. I know there is plenty of off-road durability in these cars. What do you think?

SUVs aren't eligible in the class. The current rules closly mirror the original series rules which only included pick-ups.
    Transmissions take a beating in any class of road racing. Many shifts per lap, not all done cleanly results in metal in the oil and just plain old wear and tear.

------------------
    Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are sports. The rest are just games.
    Hemingway.

About 8-10 years ago, my brother worked in a body shop in Waterford, WI. In the back of the shop were 2 of the Archer jeep trucks. They were run at Lake Geneva speedway. I do not know what happened to them after that...

Dan Soiney