One can view this from two different angles. Being an optomistic sort, I will look at it from this direction:
- SCCA is the sanctioning body, therefore the promoter pays a fee for the right to use the sanction.
- SCCA administers the program, paid for by the promoter.
- Thousands of new people with tons of disposable income are introduced to SCCA, and as a result, learn about other activities available to them within the club.
- New TV exposure to SCCA is provided via the new drifting program to the general public at the expense of the promoters.

If you have attended the SEMA show recently, you would have seen the huge interest in this market that is somewhat untapped by organized road racing in general. I see this as an opportunity for SCCA to move into a market that has been left to others for too long a time. It's a reality, why shouldn't SCCA capatalize on the opportunity?

The other view:
- Drifting is stupid....I don't want them in MY club. They can take their person, car, and dollars elsewhere.........

Being a greybeard myself, I understand the resistance to anything new and different, but, it is going to happen and if SCCA can benefit from it, I say so be it.

db
CenDiv ITS #74