Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race Car also Daily driver - Anyone else?

OMG that was a funny story... LOL at my desk!

I carry my helmet behind my seat.. I often wonder - If I were too would people freak out.. Ya know California Early morning fwry traffic. Its a B.... But it would be funny. Kinda like saying. All you damm people need to learn how to drive so I wont need the helmet.. lol

Diane You rock Girly! Female recers Rule dont let anyone tell you differently..

I still get people asking me - even today.. So whats the 1/4 mile time?..... Grrrrrr people call themselves racing enthusiest.. ya right.. hornswaggle.

I went and got a wheel re-balanced. The guy when done asked if i wanted it in my trunk?.. I replyed.. "The whole things a trunk now.. its completly gutted.. You can put it up front on the passenger side."

I get a lot of laughs from people too.. They see its not a Honda and its a Probe so they instantly get a chuckle..Grrrrrr its just as quick as a Honda people. Well close. Whats bad is some people think I'm a ricer gone bad.. Graphics and wheels and stickers and a joke on wheels. They just dont know what a Club racing car looks like. They think it has to be slammed to be cool and all the sponsor stickers have to be the same color. And a wing and 18" wheels are the bomb. (((shaking head in discuss))) the Ignorance is bewildering. But its my little race car and soon on track where it likes it the best. At least I get love from other IT drivers..

Just the other day - I was asked if I had a V-Tech in it? ((stacey jaw dropped)) What? Its a ford..FORD.. A probe.. 2.2L Kids.. they make me laugh..

------------------
    Toodles,
    Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB 1990PGL SCCA STSL "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club T&S, BWRP,WS,Lag,Hallett www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.

Stacey, ask them to spell "PROBE". Heck, your car is most likely older than they are.

My VW GTI (Race car) has lasted longer than my first marriage.

------------------
    Tim Linerud
    San Francisco Region SCCA
    #95 GP Wabbit (Bent)
    http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

There was a guy that drove his E30 325 ITS car to the Labor Day dbl at Summit Point. Unfortunately, he didn't drive it home, as he looped the car coming out of Turn 10 and smacked the pit wall head-on at a good 35-40 mph.

A friend of mine drove his SSC Neon on the street for a couple of years.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

most of the time I raced a Volvo (83-95) I drove it to the track. From 91-95, I pulled a camper trailer. I always drove home-from Atlanta and Mid Ohio to NJ. I drove the racecar to Iowa but parked the trailer in Toledo once. I won a lot of races. This year I started racing a VW Golf. I haven't won any races. Now that I'm paralyzed, I don't tow a trailer. The last time I raced (WGI) foolishly I let someone tow it. I wrecked it badly. What was I thinking? Phil

------------------

hello,

I have an 88 ITA CRX and a 90 Volvo 740 Turbo (daily driver)... however the Volvo lost 1st and 2nd gear... so I've been driving the CRX to work and school. I definitely get looks, and everyone wants to race. But I love that car... and I'm definitely not "afraid" of it... seat time is a good thing.

It is pretty damn loud though...

cheers,

-tal

------------------
    _ _ ______ _ _
    tal allweil
    1988 Honda CRX Si
    ITA #16
    1990 Volvo 744ti
    Solo 2 GS

Im building a miata to do some road racing and track events. Im building it to IT rules. For those of you that drive your IT car on the street. Do you have Nascar bars on the driver side and how do you deal with them on a daily basis?
    Thanks,
    Trey
    www.miatanut.net

When you think "NASCAR" door bars, don't think of the bars you see the NASCAR boys run. You know, the four horizontal bars with a trillion short vertical sections joining them together.

The rule book says that to qualify for gutting your door, you must have door bar(s) that penetrate the door cavity.

There are many configurations that would satisfy that requirement, add lots of safety, yet still allow easy (relative) ingress and egress.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by MiataNut:
    Do you have Nascar bars on the driver side and how do you deal with them on a daily basis?
    Thanks,
    Trey
    www.miatanut.net
    Very carefully! And don't wear a skirt.

Diane

I guess its relevent to this thread for me to share what just happened to my daily driven "racecar".

http://www.norcalcrx.org/tyson/stolen.html

Tyson, that sucks.
    I will consider myself lucky. My car has the Nascar bars and hence no window. It lives in my driveway. Fortunately, though, it has the smallest Kirkey seat available (14" hip to hip) and no one over 145# and 5'6" tall can even get in it, let alone be able to drive it if they do.
    Either way I hope you find your car.

------------------
    Nico
    KCRaceware (816) 257-7305
    [email protected]

So sorry, Tyson. I hate scum that steal other folks time and money. Hard to miss that car, but I'm sure it hs been stripped of it's sponsor info.

Work all the net forums possible.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]