Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creative thinking.

George,

Chet Filip drove a Consulier in, I think it was an IMSA series in the 80s. He is now driving USAC Sprints and Silver Crown cars. A good example of how tough it is to make it in racing.

I had a friend who was an engineer on an Indy car effort in the late 80s-early 90s. They qualified, but didn't run all that great.

Don't tell the kickers, but racing is better than their game! God, I love the adrenaline sports!

Wow... someone else born and raised in Rochester, and running away never to return 40 days in a row of rain... then it snows, doesn't surprise me but then again it is not that bad frankly. The good news about where Rochester is that it misses much of the lake effect snow that the rest of upstate towards Syracuse gets. For Rochester to get hit there needs to be southerly winds coming off Lake Ontario.... if there ain't, well ya only get a couple of inches.

Now if you want to talk about wild.... ice storm of 89(or was it 90? hmmm) is about as wild as you get. Temps started mid 30's, HEAVY rain all day... then at night temps dropped to well below freezing. Whole damned city was coated in ice.... beautiful but destructive. I do miss Amerks hockey, REAL apple cider(this crap down here ain't good) and Zweigle's redhots.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

I watched the Indy 500, and I was thinking that if they left
    earlier they wouldn't have to go so fast.

Originally posted by Anubis:
    Wow... someone else born and raised in Rochester, and running away never to return 40 days in a row of rain... then it snows....
    I still have fond feelings for Rochester. I go back once a year in February (of all times). But I'll tell you, it's nice not having to replace an entire exhaust every other year and have cars not deteriorate. I can't imagine ever moving back, but I do like to visit.

Now if you want to talk about wild.... ice storm of 89(or was it 90? hmmm) is about as wild as you get. Temps started mid 30's, HEAVY rain all day... then at night temps dropped to well below freezing. Whole damned city was coated in ice.... beautiful but destructive.
    That was 91. It was the year I got married the first time. Come to think of it, my ex-wife must have frozen the city. That was indeed wild. The place I was living was without power for two weeks. I lived all that time with a friend who lost his cable for all of 20 minutes.

I do miss Amerks hockey
    Boy howdy.

SHOOT THE MOOSE!

Houston is now in the same league and the Amerks are coming once this year. I'll be there. If they hadn't lost in the first round of the playoffs they would have played Houston in the playoffs this past season.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

So you got married in 91.... wow, no wonder the damned ice storm hit... its all your fault! We were without power for 2 weeks also, lived in the Dewey/Driving Park area.... and actually my parents still do. I agree... I don't wanna go back. Kinda amazed after driving in Atlanta to go driving in that area... you can actually get on the highways at 4:45 PM without coming close to stop and go traffic(normally).

HA! Good ole shoot the moose.... that was some good fun. I wish we could get an AHL team nearby, would be cool as hell down here and rooting for the Amerks. About as much fun as going to the Isles/Thrashers games and rooting for the Islanders... get all kinds of heckling and piss people off to no end. Missed the first game 'cause of Petit but will try to make the January game, it'll be better 'cause I'll my Isles customized 3rd jersey We do have an ECHL team now which is sweet... AFFORDABLE hockey is back! Love 20 bucks for the bottom level.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

I watched the Indy 500, and I was thinking that if they left
    earlier they wouldn't have to go so fast.

'91...13 days without power...well water...toilets didn't flush...lost 158 trees...wore out 3 chains on two chainsaws in the next two years cutting it all up. Anybody need some firewood ?

True Amerks fans traveled. Best party town in the AHL ? Glens Falls. Really. Even the players agree. Bars open til 4am..best bands always at Sandy's Clam Bar. 2nd best ? Tie between Portland and Baltimore. Worst ? Hershey. Yikes...what a hole...'Newmarket' with chocolate.

But do you remember "Conehead beer" ?