Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT2 Contingency $ for the ARRC

Default IT2 Contingency $ for the ARRC

The IT2 Initiative announces the IT2 Challenge Contingency Sponsorship for the 2003 ARRC Runoffs, to be held November 7-9 at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia.

The IT2 Initiative is a grassroots movement to reclassify currently uncompetitive four cylinder front-wheel-drive cars out of SCCA's Improved Touring Sports class, one that is dominated by higher horsepower, rear-wheel-drive luxury sedans and GT sports cars. The IT2 Challenge furthers this movement by offering a minimum $650 cash purse to the top three placing IT2-eligible vehicles entered in the ITS class at the ARRC Runoffs.

To be eligible for the contingency prizes, competitors must compete in the Runoffs in the ITS class while driving a vehicle eligible for IT2, registered with the IT2 Initiative program, and running with the required IT2 sponsorship decals. Competitors must prepare their vehicles to meet current SCCA ITS regulations.

The IT2 Initiative welcomes any and all eligible competitors to race with us during this event. Details and entry information will be available on the program's web site at http://www.it2.evaluand.com

For more information and updates, visit the forum at http://pub12.ezboard.com/bit2forthefutureofmotorsport

Cool!

Where's the $ coming from??
    (none of my biz, really,!)

Greg Amy, are you reading?? Want to tow together?

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

I'm there, dude. We're committed emotionally and financially to attending the ARRC Runoffs in November.

Let's roll!

I'm not really at liberty to release any sponsor information at this point. Suffice to say that there are some people who think IT2 is a good idea and are willing to support it.

K

Kirk,

How can I contact you?

Could you email me at [email protected]?

Thanks.

------------------
    Ony

If I keep the car in one piece this weekend, I'd like to come down and play!

How many IT2 cars are running this season?

------------------
    Matt Downing
    www.downingracing.com

What is the ARRC? I know what the acronym stands for, but is this sort of same thing for IT as the national guys and the Runoff's?

I plan to attend the bonus race at Memphis this year, but do not really know that much about the ARRC.

It seems like some sort of season ending Champoinship.

Any info you can give would be great.

Not sure If I can attend, Atlanta is a looooonnnnnnggggg tow for me.

Thanks,

------------------
    JJ
    #62 ITC

The American Road Race of Champions at Road Atlanta on Nov. 7-9.

It is a championship event for regional-only classes.

www.arrc-online.com

------------------
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    OPM Motorsports
    ITS Honda Prelude

bobpink:

thanks for the link. They do not have too much info on the site yet, most links say "available soon".

So basically if I go to Memphis, and actually pull off a win, I can get the MidAm Title (Midwest Division stuff), and if I go to the ARRC, pull off a victory, then it is like sort of getting the "national" champoinship title, but for the Regional only classes?

Makes sense to me.

So, no points come into play here, at least for who can come and race at the event, and it is like a winner takes all, by class.

Correct?

Sounds cool to me. I will have to see if the wife is still up for more racing events. It has been a long season, and we are already going to Memphis Nov 1 & 2.

Looks like I better knock out the "honey-do-list" in Sept./Oct. if I want to play.

Thanks for the info.

------------------
    JJ
    #62 ITC

I haven't received the new info to post to the website yet. Expect about 4-6 weeks or so, but most of the info won't be substantially different from previous years.

------------------
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    OPM Motorsports
    ITS Honda Prelude

Thank you VERY much, Bob, for the link to the IT2 site. We have already seen referrals from it and the logo looks great on the ARRC site...

Kirk

Thanks to another donation from an individual IT2 supporter, the IT2 driver who improves his or her position the most over the duration of the ARRC ITS race will earn a "Hard Charger" cash bonus.

Targeted sponsorships of this type are greatly appreciated and supporters of the 2003 ARRC IT2 Challenge will be recognized on the IT2 web site.

Kirk

EDIT - Also, the sponsor who put up the funds to remove the commercial banners and pop-ups from the IT2 forums has asked that those pages promote the Human Society of the United States, rather than naming him or his company.

[This message has been edited by Knestis (edited September 03, 2003).]

Originally posted by Knestis:
    ...Targeted sponsorships of this type are greatly appreciated and supporters of the 2003 ARRC IT2 Challenge will be recognized on the IT2 web site....

Kirk
    Kirk,

Great idea. We'll throw something into the pot.

One free Isaac system to the IT2 driver with the best qualifying time.

------------------
    Gregg Baker
    Isaac, LLC
    [email protected]

Outstanding, Gregg! I will spread the word. If you'll send me whatever text you want included, I'll put together a page profiling the Isaac and add links to your site.

K

Originally posted by Knestis:
    Outstanding, Gregg! I will spread the word. If you'll send me whatever text you want included, I'll put together a page profiling the Isaac and add links to your site.K
    That would be great. Thanks.

Fell free to cut and paste any text from our site. If it is a bit verbose let us know--we can always trim it back for you.

------------------
    Gregg Baker
    Isaac, LLC
    [email protected]

To put Gregg's generosity in perspective, Isaac's contribution brings the total cash and product awards for the IT2 Challenge to $1570.

I REALLY wish I could be there.

K

Gregg rocks...what a guy!

now, how 'bout a little typo...say from IT2, to um....IT 7??? So close!

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...uncompetitive four cylinder front-wheel-drive cars...</font>
    Hey Jake. Can't you borrow one of those cars from the dark side? Or are they not "uncompetitive?"

------------------
    Gregg Baker
    Isaac, LLC
    [email protected]

Kirk,

My hat's off to you for pushing this forward and extending the effort! Way to go!

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

I need to go on record that I have had VERY little to do with the success of this project - beyond posting the good news on the web, that is. This good work is purely the result of effort on the part of a number of drivers and others interested in futhering the future of IT2.

K