...on public roads."

This is a common response among racers and, with that in mind, I'm working on a proposal to seek grant and/or corporate sponsorship funding for an anti-agressive driving program, using my new race car as a tool to target this message to folks - most notably young people - in the Greensboro, NC area.

A recent study found GB to be the most dangerous place in NC to drive and attributes much of the problem to agressive driving, speeding, running lights, and other types of jackassery. My program - as envisioned - would be "Take driving to the next level" kind of thing, exposing people to motorsports and drawing the distinction between "racing" (that happens on a track) and "transportation" - getting from place to place on the street.

As I work on this, I'd be interested to get your reflections on the issue, this approach to addressing it, and the philosophy behind it. I might be able to use some of your quotes for example, to illustrate the "I was lost but now am found" kind of thing that many of us go through when we "take it to the track."

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

K