After an unfortunate case of engine failure, I find myself biding the time while a replacement is being completed. Finding it very difficult to stay away from the track, even sans chariot, I decided an F/C license would afford me some valuable insight on my competitors. Which proved to be correct. From my vantage point at the side of the track I could clearly see the lines my friends up front were taking, where they were braking, hear when they got back on the gas... For a nubian, it was very worthwhile.

Over the course of the day's races I also observed some pretty poor driving habits- drivers who never check their mirrors, drivers who never hold a line, drivers who become the "rolling chicane." Worse are the instances when flags are not seen, or the infamous Red Mist intervenes and cars become rams instead of steeds. I witnessed multiple metal to metal collisions spawned of frustration. Understandable, but inappropriate. Keep your cool and drive faster.

Aside from lessons taken from the asphalt, I learned that the folks who work F/C are great. Not only do they take their duties seriously, they know the quirks of the track, the temperments of most of the drivers, and how well they drive. I was welcomed gratiously when I offered to help, and found the whole crew to be friendly. Good folks. They also tell some crazy stories...

While I would much rather be spending the time honing my driving skills, working a race or two has improved my racing and given me a deeper appreciation of the folks who volunteer to support our fun.