Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Racing help?

LOL! Shot down, eh? Of course, we knew you never had a chance, what with you wearing an OMP suit to a bar....

------------------
    Richard Floyd
    '86 Acura Integra LS #90
    SCCA ITA / NASA ECHC H5

Oh, yeah, and I'm probably a hell of a lot smarter than you, too

I would venture to say, probably a lot more full of yourself as well. ( ) I also have to wonder what someone who hates oval racing knows about rim-riding on the cushion, let alone why they would be at a dirt track!? That would be Battleground Speedway, right?

The bottom line is, if she(/he) is interested in the first place, and might be intersted in cars/racing, it helps...if not, forget it!

I have found out that racing helped less than rodeo, at least in Texas!

Originally posted by RFloyd:
    LOL! Shot down, eh? Of course, we knew you never had a chance, what with you wearing an OMP suit to a bar....
    Hey Richard, maybe he forgot the $100 bills and hot glue.

------------------
    Gregg Baker
    Isaac, LLC
    [email protected]

Okay, seriously... On the receiving end of pick-up lines, yeah, racing works if it's a way to start a conversation. Unfortunately, a lot of guys use things like racing, fancy cars, planes - whatever - like "check me out, I'm cool because of what I own". I'm always more impressed when a guy thinks he's cool because he's a decent person (and humor helps). When I find out a guy races, I eat it up, even though most of the racers around here are drag racers. It's an interesting hobby and something not a lot of people do.

And, uh, no, I'm not full of myself. I'm insecure like everyone else, I know my strengths AND weaknesses, so it drove me nuts when my friends kept telling me I intimidate men. I honestly don't know why I get hit on a lot, but I do, and it probably makes me more cautious not to buy into the lines until I know something about the person delivering them. We're all just people with different strengths and weaknesses muddling through life without an instruction manual. If a guy approaches me with that perspective, I'm nice, even when I'm saying no (I don't date strangers).

Just for fun, some racing-related pickup lines (YMMV):

Wanna see my racecar? (This one bombs; the trick is to get her to ask to see it.)
    You wouldn't believe the things I can do with duct tape.
    It only takes a few turns to get my tires hot and sticky.
    Wanna see me powerslide?
    The only way you'd look better is if you were holding a torque wrench.
    If you're nice, I'll let you latch my harness.
    Hi. I'm Joe-Bob. Wanna rotate my tires?
    You'd make the prettiest pit princess in the Region.
    If SCCA were God, you'd have about 200 pounds of performance compensation adjustments.
    Racers are great with curves.
    Road racers go both ways.
    Not a drag racer, a road racer. I last more than 13 seconds.
    Baby, with me, you'll have a whole pit crew to nag.

The one that works (in conjunction with the 100-dollar bills and hot glue): I'm an amateur racer - I know how to spend lavishly on what I love and don't mind that I don't really get anything back. :-)