Rage Racing,

ITS240z18 has gone to great effort to make the same point I was attempting. Building a car is difficult. In both our cases it was forced on us with a learning curve under duress.
Additionally, I forgot to also mention the blatently illegal suspension parts that came with the car. I removed them based on my sense of ethics and what bothers me is that I paid for them when I bought the car. Adjustable front trailing arms and an additional bar welded between the rear shock towers provided no real advantage other than creating an easy protest.
Therefore, one main advantage to crewing for people, is that if you decide to buy, you could have an experienced friend to join you when looking at a potential car and help in negotiations and determine if their are potential problems, illegalities or technical based.
If you are determined to build a car, that is fine since the car is sitting in your garage. Maybe you should do it in phases. Build it as an autocross car to start. Solo II is inexpensive one day fun. Next, install safety equipment and turn it into a Solo I car. Run some hillclimbs. These events are not bad tows if you are in the eastern half of Ohio. I am not sure if anyone has yet to mention the grand you will drop in personal safety equipment alone. Since the mid 90's my wife has done birthday and Christmas shopping for me from racing catalogs and she has been conviently provided exact part numbers. The point is that unless you have lots of disposable income, getting into road racing has to be gradual.
I believe Mike or Mark Cefelo of Cefelo Motorworks had a Prelude running in ITA and for sale a couple of year ago. You may want to contact them in terms of what it would take to build the car.
Where in Ohio are you located?

Bill Emery
Glen Region
ITA#23