I've owned 4 RVs

'72 Class C on Chevy chassis 26' (454 carb) 6mpg
'85 Class C on Ford chassis 26' (460 carb) 8mpg
'90 Class C on Ford chassis 27' (460 FI) 10mpg
'98 Class A on Ford chassis 31' (460 FI) 7mpg

The first two did not haul a race cat but they did haul a 17' ski boat, very similar to an open trailer and my ITA Rx7. I've never had a problem hauling something, just keep it around 60mph. All of the hitches have been attached to the frame, on the class C's it was U channel that was welded onto the frame to extend it.

Over hang is a big thing but my current 31' class A, and my dad's 33' class A both have the same amount, which is very similar to what my class C's had about 11'. Shorter rigs get shorter wheel bases, in general.

My 27' Class C had a GVW of 12500 while my class A is 17500, and shipped from the factory @ 14500.

As far as a bed on the main floor, I believe you will have to go to at least 25', anything smaller and there just isn't enough room.

You should definatly look under the chassis and in all the outside cupboards, some RV's with low miles have sat in campgrounds on dirt and are pretty bad below.

You can also check NADA website, they have used RV pricing and also indicate the number of years the company has been in buisness. Like stated before, I would stick to some name brand RV's (Coachmen, Fleetwood, Jayco, Four Winds, Bounder, Gulf Stream, Southwind, Flair).

Class C is definatly more like driving a full sized van. Most class A's however are on a true truck chassis and have leaf springs on all 4 corners, this helps alot when being passed by semi's. Parts availability is probably better on a class C, but for changing plugs and what not the class A has way more room.

At the track there is nothing like comming off the track and jumping into the motorhome to change and sponge off in air conditioning. Beside watching the race video greatly enhances the bench racing.

I've had an RV for 13 years, been racing for 2. I couldn't see living without one. But then again it is also used for family vacations. My youngest son (10yrs old) has been in all but 7 states. Pacific NW here we come!