Thread: New IT site features

Default New IT site features

Here are some of the features upcoming in the new version of the IT.com website. Please add your suggestions for more features here....

- A new menu system with links to every section of the site and customizable like "My Yahoo" so you can get your class or regional info.

- Database with driver, team, car info so that users can log in and get information on competiors in their area, cars in their class/area and track and race info in their area.

- New track info section with "hot laps" and accomodation info.

- Enduro pages. Hightlighting long distance IT races throughout the country

- A new "IT related parts and equipt" page where manufacturers can show off new items

- "Who's fast" section where we will try to identify the faster teams and drivers in the country and get these hot shoes the recognition they deserve. "Showdown at the ARRC?"

- Team & Ride Board, looking for crew, looking for drivers, looking for rides.

- Regional results pages w/ upload functionality for results submission.

- New picture pages with upload section.

- New video pages.

- A new news section that allows users to post things like "press releases" for teams and drviers.

- New tech articles section to allow users to voluteer info....connect with the the discussions and allow advertisers to advertise on pages they contribute technica information to.

- Classifieds will remain unchanged unless users have input.

- Discusson groups have already changed, but will add new forums throughout the year as needed.

- Live Chat has been added.

... and more as time and ideas allow....

What would you like to see?

------------------
    Webmaster - www.ImprovedTouring.com

In addition to all these new site features, we're looking for a few moderators to help out in the discussion forums. If you are patient and knowledgeable about a particular make of car or about a particular division's IT scene, let us know you're interested.

Also, any manufacturers of IT parts and components may be interested in some new features which will be available to highlight your products and services. Email us for more information.

------------------

Nice job Bill! Hats off for all the hard work!

I would suggest putting the classifieds in w/ the message forums because it will allow users to edit their messages w/o contacting you.

ONE SUGGESTION I CAN THINK OF IS TO MAYBE LIMIT CLASSIFIEDS TO 30 DAYS OR SOMETHING TO MAKE THEM MORE CURRENT AND EASIER TO WADE THROUGH

Some of you have asked about the little smiley faces (emoticons) and how they are made.

Here is the list of keystrokes to make it happen.
    http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smilies.html

enjoy.

------------------

When are all the new features coming. I'm particularly intersted in the fast racers and where they come from.

I was unimpressed at the number of results the CENDiv had submitted. I am willing to "take the responsibility" for races I attend to get the results, but what do I need to ask for?

I don't know if they have the results on disk or what, and CENDiv will also start using transponders this year, does that change my question at all?

Thanks

Im willing to help with the Midiv results. Also be sure to check out the new Midiv site at http://www.midiv.org , they have redone it and I was very impressed.