Thread: race in california

Default race in california

Starting my second year of racing and have always wanted to race at some California tracks. I think I could get my wife to come if I would add a couple days after the race and make it a short vacation. I have a conference license. Would also be interested in vintage races also. Any ideas?

Terry, where would you be coming from, North or South? Your conference (ICSCC) license is good for SCCA Regionals.

Check out the SFR's racing calendar for this year.

The Reg/Nat @ Laguna Aug 5-7 is always a nice event.

http://www.sfrscca.org/Calendar/index.html

------------------
    Tim Linerud
    San Francisco Region SCCA
    #95 GP Wabbit
    http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

racer_tim @ yahoo dot com

Terry,

Not sure what you are driving...but since you said vintage:

VARA is the best game in town. We just had our 5th race of the year and have 5 more to go.

Buttonwillow May 14-15th "British Extravaganza"

Willow Springs June 25-26th "Tribute to LeMans"--member appreciation race with 2hour twilight 'enduro' for only $150.

Sept 24-25th Buttonwillow "Oktoberfest"

Oct 22-23rd Las Vegas "Jeff Saltman Memorial" with Porsche-Alfa Shootout

Novemer 12-13 Willow Springs "Big Bore Bash" Ford-Chevy Challenge and Vintage Race of Champions

VARA events are extremely well organized. The Tech and Registration people are very freindly and welcome you. You are treated like a customer. It really is a great organization....the racing ain't bad either. If you have a car that fits you'd be silly to race elsewhere in So-Cal.

www.vararacing.com

Thanks for the quick replies. I have a 71 240z that I will run in ITS and scca regional vintage races for extra seat time. I live near the Salem area aprox 55 miles south of Portland. Look forward to meeting later this summer or fall. Thaks again, Terry

Well, since you are that far north it wouldn't make much sense to come to events in SoCal.

From what I hear, the SFR events are well ran and well subscribed. But there is a tech guy up there that can be a real a&&. Sometimes one bad apple...

A few extra days around Carmel/Monterey or in San Francisco is a lot easier to sell the wife on than a few extra days in Bakersfield or Lancaster/Palmdale!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Daryl DeArman (edited April 27, 2005).]

Terry, there is an SCCA Vintage event at Laguna Seca on October 28-30. Your Z should be more than welcome there.

We only have 1 Regional @ Sears Point this year. That's September 3-4.

We also have a Regional @ Laguna Seca September 30 - October 2nd.

------------------
    Tim Linerud
    San Francisco Region SCCA
    #95 GP Wabbit
    http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

racer_tim @ yahoo dot com

Thanks again for the information. Looks like The Sept. and Oct. races are the ones I would like to make since the racing up north ends earlier than down south. Look forword to see your tracks.
    Terry