Thread: CalClub 6hr. Enduro Cancelled

Default CalClub 6hr. Enduro Cancelled

Unfortunately SCCA CalClub has cancelled the 6hr night Enduro scheduled for June 11th. Reasons quoted are low turnout last year. The club lost money on the event and is not willing to do that again. Too bad they don't have the marketing skills required to promote a great event like this one was.
    Oh well back to NASA. Again!!!

I would guess that Cal Club relies on volunteers to "market" events. If their situation is like most SCCA regions then they could probably use some help with that marketing.

I don't know about the NASA franchise in LA, but the ones I have run with have no organization and only survive because of street cars. Consequently race cars pay more for an event and get less track time for it. I gave up on NASA when they had a 14 yr old kid manning the start stand alone.

Yes they consider placing an ad in the Club newsletter marketing. Unfortunately they don't get it.
    Our local NASA chapter is very organized and well run. Ryan F. is the National Chairman and this is his region. I think he would like to hear about your region to see if he can get them organized. They typically have 200-300 HPDE and race entries for every event, usually more race than HPDE.
    They also have an Enduro series that usually runs at night so it does not interfere with the regular schedule.
    SCCA could learn alot from NASA in So-Cal.
    The SCCA Nor Cal Region is also very organized and has large turnouts. This has become one of the problems for them. It takes two days just to have a single regional. I normally run two classes in Nor Cal just to get enough track time to justify the trip.
    Oh well at least I have lots of choices.

Cbuzz