Thread: Wet and Dry Double at Cal. Speedway

Default Wet and Dry Double at Cal. Speedway

Hi all just wanted to let you know if your were not there! Sat. it was dry and cool and they spilt started our IT-SS, SM group up and I feel it was better that way. We finished 5th Sat. under yellow poor guy in the Z car in the tire wall! Sunday before the our race it rained very hard! only a few people on wets two warm up laps and it drizzed for the rain shorted 20min race and this ended up with spins etc and then yellow for a miata that hit the tires in turn 21 in frt of us as he spun out and knocked them on coruse. Those Miatas were having a very bad weekend 3 upside down and 3? in the hay or tires! Wow that was hairball oh and by the way we finished 4th on Sunday in the ITB #15 PINTO! DAVIS 4TH ON SAT AND 3RD ON SUNDAY GOOD JOB DAVIS. Later Glenn

Glenn, My first trip to the California Speedway was a good time. I learned alot and look forward to the next race. I enjoyed running with you and the other IT guys. I better not say anything about the SM bunch. Thanks much for the help with the car on Sat. evening.

------------------
    #63 ITB Rabbit GTI

I understand there was quite a bit of carnage over the weekend as the tires at 16 proved too tough to tame. I know at least one SRX7 went TU and several also hit pretty hard.

As for me, I am looking to March and Arroyo Seco one weekend and Firebird the next.

Wish it would quit raining for a couple of days though.

Hey racing in the rain can be a ton o' fun! I was there the weekend before with VARA. Rained really, really hard Friday practice. Enough that from T16-T20 flooded with runoff from the entire infield.

Now we (VARA) have another race this next weekend at Spring Mountain...forecast: RAIN.