Thread: Best place to stay at Buttonwillow?

Default Best place to stay at Buttonwillow?

I was wondering about the best place to stay in Buttonwillow?.... Ok then where not to stay,is that any easier? Thanks Glenn

Homeland Inn has Speed Channel if that matters to you

Haven't stayed there yet but I plan to try it next time I'm down there. I usually stay at the Days Inn in Lost Hills, since i come down from Norcal.

www.buttonwillowraceway.com for hotel info.

PaulC

Glenn. You're better off sleeping in the dirt!! There are no good places to stay at BURP. I stayed in the Homeland last time because of the Speed Channel deal so that I could watch the Malaysian GP (I fell asleep anyway). They are all pretty sketchy. I usually stay at the Willow Inn or whatever its called now 661-764-5121 ask for a room away from the freeway. The food sitch is about the same. Denny's or Willow Ranch, family owned decent food, a bar. But service as slow as a Pinto (Sorry) There is actually a Starbucks, that's worth a visit just to hear people from the Central Valley try and deal with words like "latte" and "vente"
    See you at the races.
    John

Thanks. John like in the movie Blazing Saddles "Son your on your own!" I figured as much like Holtville quite and clean? ! Are about all one can hope for. Starbucks huh well the wife will like that and Chris-man too!! See you there thanks Glenn

I'm not sure there is a "best place". I asked around at the PIR regionals last weekend. All comments similar to John's. I was told that as there were no "good" places one might as well go for "value", so I've booked at the Super 8 (told it is newer than a couple of the others). I figure I'll be so tired it won't make much difference.