Thread: Tijuana Grand Prix 2003

Default Tijuana Grand Prix 2003

It seems that there will be a street (?) race in Tijuana on Nov 7-9. I know that a few years ago there were some events held in mexico that a number of people went to with varying degrees of satisfaction. Any one know what is going on with this one? Any efforts to ease the border crossing issues with a car and trailer? The web site is www.calderapromotions.com/index2.html

I read about D. Hayashi's experience at www.pulpracing.com Chapter 28, near the bottom of his stories. I am not sure if it is the same race. Good reading from a club racer and nice guy.

[This message has been edited by greg_umbay (edited September 29, 2003).]

I raced with NASA in Tecate a few years back. It was hot, 115F, but still had a good time. I'm not entirely sure that I like street racing though, as there are light poles, curbs, buildings to hit if one loses control. No tire walls to absorb impact energy.

However, I'm seriously considering to compete in next years Caminos del Inca rally race in Peru next year. I believe it is a race that starts in Lima, goes to Cuzco and back to Lima.
    http://www.caminosdelincaonline.com