Congrats, Jerry. I read your post over on the 'other makes' board and and was laughing out loud. My cell mate is probably wondering what the hell I'm reading.

I'm so glad to hear that your engine stayed together. You probably had as many DNF's in your novice book as anyone in history. Don't be in too much a hurry to send your book in, it's just as good as a license and is valid until your membership renewal comes due. No sense in sending in $55 just to have to send in another $55 in a few months.

Did you recover from the heat? You can't drink too much water in the southwest US in the summertime. Especially if you put a sauna-suit on and strap your self to a hot car. I let myself get dried out last July at a race and besides a nasty headache I was sick to my stomach. NOT the way to go racing. Now I make it a point to down two 16oz bottles of water each time I get out of the car and before each time I get in the car.

I know zip about Toyota suspension, but it sounds like you need to do something to decamber your wheels. I have developed a real distaste for those offset bushings but they're better than nothing until you can swing a set of camber plates. Bob Strech has a set of universal camber plates on Ebay right now, I think they're up to $35 with a couble of days to run. Dunno if they'll fit your car, but it would be worth looking into. If you go the offset bushing route tighten the hell out of them, or they'll rotate in mid-turn. Experience speaking here

I saw another set if Toy 8 spoke 14x7 wheels this weekend. I don't really need another set. I think they were at $40 yesterday with maybe two days to run.

Well, I had better get to work. It's almost 0730 and people are starting to filter in.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division