Supra's aren't exactly popular in IT, but is ther anyone who builds a race engine for your car? If there is, I'd call them and see what they'd want for a 'semi-race' engine. In other words, an engine built down from the edge, cost and power wise, that will be reliable for your first year or so. Finish your license requirements, get some seat time, and then start thinking about upgrading your powerplant. Maybe you could buy this hypothetical 'semi-race' engine and after the first year pull it and send it back to the builder for the works.

I guess I got lucky and my car came with the engine that's in it now. I haven't done a damn thing to it (the engine) except port match the head and inspect (not replace) the main bearings. Soren's guys have her now for some suspension upgrades and an MSD ignition. I'll probably run the Valentine's day R/R at Firebird and if I'm pretty well sorted at that point I'll start building a 'real' race motor.

I'll ask Soren if he thinks this (semi-race to full race after a year) is a good plan, and if he knows of a shop you might contact. He might even do it; I don't know how much Toyota experience he has. I'm sure he won't do it himself if he's never built one before.

Ty