OK, this is starting to come together. The more digging I do, the more vague the ITE rules become. This is my impression: DOT Tires, no tube frame cars, run what you brung? How close am I?

Quick question: Is Jerry the owner of a grey e30 racer? Cosmetically enhannced by Mr Irvin? If so, I have gone to a few CCA drivers school at 2nd Creek and met you there. If not, that is cool, good to meet you.

I was under the impression that ITE had a displacement limit of 3L? Vipers and blown NSX's are much greater than 3L - what gives?

Also, what about bars that extend into the engine compartment? I am about 60% complete with the cage, and would like to get a strong understanding either way.

I do not plan on ever running the car in a formal ITA,B,S class (will build something to do that). Just ITE, CCA DS and CCA C-Mod competition.

Are ITE grids full?

I know of 2nd Creek, Pueblo, what other tracks are within 200 miles of Denver? How about a good old fashion hill climb? Seems with those things to the west, we would have plenty of places to host- sounds like fun too.

Thanks for the responses.

WW