First to Ty,

Yesterday was annual tech day for Lone Star region and the race chair for the N/N was there and we had a discussion. It seems that only one member(outgoing) of the BOD voted against allowing an RR for IT. The race chair is most in favoir of the idea because IT is the biggest group of racers in the region and allowing us to participate would increase the profit for he event, which normally looses money. As noted the member refusing to approve is on his way out and the race chair is not giving up. I will let you know as soon as something is final.

e30bldr,

ITE rules vary wildly from one region/division to the next. I was discussing the rules with the tech inspector yesterday to try and make up my mind what to do with my car. He told me that the cage and other safety items had to meet ITCS and GCR specs. Which to me would mean bars through the firewall would not be allowed. The only other limits were the engine had to be under 3l or under 1.7l if it is a turbo. He said there is no minimun weight. He also said it I wanted to I could run 18" wheels to allow for bigger brakes to fit. Do what ever I want to the suspension. I asked about stroking the engine and the reply was as long it it still under 3l it is legal. Ty said RMDiv has it's ITE rules posted so you may want to see if all the above is try for you, or you could just come on down the hill to SWDiv and we would be most happy to have you run with us.