------------------
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13
    CenDiv WMR

In.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

It doesn't look like I'll be there. Have fun guys!

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be sitting this weekend out. The autopsy of the engine later today will reveal more. For those of you who may have coolant ports plugged with rubber caps...don't! Get them threaded and put a pipe plug in them. We lost an engine Sunday morning due to a plug coming off and dumping all the coolant out. The engine never got hot enough to seize but the combustion chamber got warm enough to detonate and it wiped out the front rotor. Going to try to get it back together before the last weekend at M-O.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Wow Chris, that really sucks. I'm sorry about your luck - that car has been hooked up like crazy this year though. I hope you get it back running by the Autumn Classic!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Thanks. That's racing. We've run too well this year to really get too down about something like this. PaulD has been nice enough to offer some help that'll go a long way toward getting us going again. Live and learn eh?
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div

Guest_GEO46_* Guest

Rabbit, you Know JPM and I "plan" on being there, depending on our engine situation.

George

I'm considering heading across the pond for this. Depends on $$$, of course, and whether I can get my trans back together in time...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Aug 8 2005, 02:39 PM
    For those of you who may have coolant ports plugged with rubber caps...don't! Get them threaded and put a pipe plug in them.

I'll 2nd that. We broke our rubber plug at Autobahn during Sunday Qualifying. Didn't harm the engine, but we did loose a bit of coolant. Got the car in to the pits, to the paddock, and back out on track fully repaired in 9 minutes (and we have the transponder times to prove it!)
    Kevin M. Keller
    crew, '94 Saturn SC2 ITA CenDiv 2003 Champs
    F&C, STL Region
    http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com

Alright, I sent in my registration today! I plan to give the ITC guys a run for their money!!

Anyone have any driving tips about the track? This will be my first time there. Also, how is camping at the track? What about directions to get there?
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

If it's your first time there I HIGHLY recommend you do the practice day on Friday. Almost every corner on the track has a blind apex. It's a very fun track once you learn where it goes over each crest and dip. But it takes quite a few laps to get to that point.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div

Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Aug 23 2005, 09:23 AM
    If it's your first time there I HIGHLY recommend you do the practice day on Friday. Almost every corner on the track has a blind apex. It's a very fun track once you learn where it goes over each crest and dip. But it takes quite a few laps to get to that point.
    [snapback]58891[/snapback]
    Unfortunately, no can do. I'm going to have to learn this the hard way! (Stupid budget)

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Bill - good luck at doing Grattan blind! I did it that way a couple of year ago and I've never been more confused on track than I was during that first qualifying session on Saturday morning. There's 13 turns on that track and I'd say that 6 or 7 of them are completely blind, fall horribly off in the middle of the corner, or are completely blind AND fall horribly off in the middle of the corner. Now after I've been there 4 or 5 times, it's one of my favorites.

Too bad I can't join you guys.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Anyone have any video? I've seen some, somewhere, before, but it would be nice to get a full lap that I could watch over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Bill, Grattan is a track you MUST attack......... T3 gets your attention, T4 is enjoyable, the right hander before the toilet bowl tends to unload a rear wheel drive car, the toilet bowl just flat ass removes your speed & get your marks correct WAAAAAAAY back in the far corner or you'll be looking where ya came from. :119: There is some water in the infield where camping would be neat & use the showers which are outside the main gate near the main regestration building. The infield showers are worst than at the Farm.

Have Fun
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

BTW, Grattan does have allow a 1/2 test day (>1pm) for like $60. The problem with a tape, is it doesn't come close to showing all the small things needed to set up for the corner. Basically, if you wait to see the corner before you start the turn-ins, you're going to be mowing grass. I don't think there is a level section of track the whole way around. Here is a link to the track site, http://www.wmr-scca.org/jz10grattan.htm which is better than nothing.

Glad to see you're coming Bill. I think you'll love the track.
    I've never been accused of being very fast, but I'd be glad to lead you around for a couple laps in qualifying.
    I've got video, I could send you a DVD if you want.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

New to the forum (well, ok, I've lurked for about five years or so, but just now registered), but I'll be there along with Dad (share the car, been running it about 3 years in Cendiv). Blue and white BMW 2002, usually paddocked down near the esses. Little down on motor this year and can't afford the Hoosiers, but hell, it still oughta be fun. I mean, it's Grattan.

I'll be running the car Sunday, Dad'll be driving it Saturday, and one (maybe both) of us will be there on Friday. Somebody stop by and say hi if you get a chance...

(Or wave as you fly by on track

-Sam Smith
    '68 2002, ITB
    Chicago/Louisville/St. Louis

Hello all. Sadly once again I will not be racing with you. But I will be in the starters stand both days so wave as you go by, and stop by as the weekend allows and say hello.
    Datsun 280ZX #12 ITS CENDIV WMR