Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mid Ohio Brat Bash - July 30-31

Nope. Just trying to get all the bugs worked out for the next owner.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Jon, you were out of my sights, but thanks for the consideration. You must have had Matt and Allen to deal with further up front

Originally posted by John Herman:
    I think moving ITA into Group 2 is a bad idea.
    Kevin, I guess now you understand my point. Quite honestly, I do not mind sharing the track with other classes, but I do not "enjoy" racing with cars not in my class.

here is the photos with the car sitting backwards on the track and cars going by during group 4 race on saturday.

http://home.insight.rr.com/jhayter/images/.../backwards5.jpg

enjoy,
    tom

Originally posted by John Herman:
    Kevin, I guess now you understand my point. Quite honestly, I do not mind sharing the track with other classes, but I do not "enjoy" racing with cars not in my class.

I think we'd all agree with that. Unfortunately, unless you're racing at the Runoffs or something, none of us are ever going to see a run group made up of solely cars in our class.

[This message has been edited by R2 Racing (edited August 02, 2005).]

I don't think we have any expectation of getting our own run group. It would be better though if S and A were paired with groups of different speed potentials. John said he'd rather run with GT1 than A and I agree. You see them once, maybe twice, during the race when they blow by you and put you a lap down and it's over. With A and S running together we're constantly tripping over each other. I'd be in favor of approaching the hosting regions about this if anyone has a good suggestion on a way to group the cars other than the way it's been. To be honest I haven't put much thought into it other than it sucks for both A and S.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Oh, I did just have a good idea. Call the comp board and slow down those damn A Hondas! Would solve the problem for me anyway.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Originally posted by C. Ludwig:
    Oh, I did just have a good idea. Call the comp board and slow down those damn A Hondas! Would solve the problem for me anyway.

Hey, don't hate! I see your point though - the last two weekends up there, the ITA and ITS leads were indeed tripping over eachother. I had a good view behind it.

Who's ITS with this coming weekend? ITA is with SM & SMT. The good thing about that is the fast ITA cars are ahead of the SM cars. The bad thing about it is it's not real long before we get into the lappers of the 40 freaking Miata's out there.

We're supposed to be with the Prod guys. So I was hoping that we'd pretty much have the group to ourselves. But if they want to put A with all the SM guys we might be looking at a change again. Guess we'll have to wait and see how many people show up. I would guess attendance will be down with the back to back weekends.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Originally posted by R2 Racing:
    The bad thing about it is it's not real long before we get into the lappers of the 40 freaking Miata's out there.
    40 freakin Miata's and me trying to figure the joint out

------------------
    Steve Linn
    '92 ITA Sentra SE-R
    www.indyscca.org

Sheesh, even when you run SM you still have to deal with the back of the pack of 40 freakin Miatas. Hey, don't hate

Good luck this weekend Steve, you're gonna have a blast, MO is awesome. You know, you could sign up for the NASA HPDE on Friday to learn the track a bit!

Shane
    www.aimtuning.com

[This message has been edited by Tweak (edited August 03, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Tweak (edited August 03, 2005).]

Uh, Shane, aren't you supposed to be minding the shop instead of trolling around here?
    Can't make the Friday event, so Saturday morning will be quite interesting. Thanks.

Originally posted by Tweak:
    Sheesh, even when you run SM you still have to deal with the back of the pack of 40 freakin Miatas. Hey, don't hate
    hahaha - I was just waiting for a SM guy to come in here and read that. My bad.

Steve - just try and keep up and you'll be alright. It's always entertaining watching people go around Mid Ohio for the first time. By the end of the weekend though, you'll have a new favorite track.