Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid Ohio Brat Bash - July 30-31

Here's a 5th gen Prelude underhood pic. The connection between the airbox and intake are removed but you'll get the idea. What did I miss?

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Chris, e-mail me.
    [email protected]

I don't know for sure what generation car it was but it had the body style I described. The photo does not answer the question because it does not show from where air gets into the box. That box looks air-tight so it must be fed from somewhere.

------------------
    Bill Denton
    87/89 ITS RX-7
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

I looked at some of our parts diagrams at work (I work at a Honda dealership) and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the source of air actually does come from inside the fender well. It was kind of hard to tell though. I'd have to look at one to know for sure.

Anyhow, back on subject.

I'm hoping to be there.

#85 IT7
    Hillbilly Motorsports

I'll more than likely be padocked up near the Keyhole.

Originally posted by ScottNutter:
    I'll more than likely be padocked up near the Keyhole.
    That's where I'll be with my orange ITA Integra.

Can anyone answer why it is that no CenDiv events ever put out entry lists or anything before an event? I don't know, it just annoys me. It seems like practically all of the NEDiv and SEDiv events have an entry up somewhere at least a week before the event.

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

Not only that, but where is the Icard??? They have it at Grattan and that is about it. I sent about 3 messages to Dave Killingham last year even offered to help and heard nothing back, NOTHING, not even a returned email...

Just a heads up. I talked to the registrar today. ITA has been moved to group 2 for this weekend.

Wow, this might get interesting.

Originally posted by Rabbit07:
    Just a heads up. I talked to the registrar today. ITA has been moved to group 2 for this weekend.

Well, I guess that's no big deal. I was actually looking at that Group 1 of SSB, SSC, ITA, IT7, SM, SMT, & SRX-7 and thought that it would be a freaking huge run group. But if they took out ITA and moved is into Group 2 with ITS & AS, it should help even things out a little bit. I don't mind running with the ITS guys.

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

I think moving ITA into Group 2 is a bad idea. The track could get very crowded as the AS cars go rumbling down the straights, only to have lower cornering speeds, whereas the ITA cars have great cornering but lack the brute acceleration. The ITS cars sort of fit between the two. The back section of the track esspecially could get dicey. I'd much rather they move some of the SS cars. There is enough of a speed differential, that, at least at other tracks, allows them to seperate out into their own races.

Seriously though, how many AS cars do you expect to be there? 4 maybe?

I just wonder if we'll all be into eachothers races like what happened at the Freedom Regional. The top 3 ITS cars and the top 3 ITA cars all ran around in the same pack. It made for some interesting racing.

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

Alas, I'm reading this post from CA and won't be there this weekend . Gotta get a better sponser!

does anyone have the website that was noted for the photo of group 4 where the white car is backwards on the track on the front straight and the 3 cars are going past?

i can't find my note with website. it was great shot!

does anyone have the results for ITS. was not able to attend. I will be going to the WOR games this weekend

I have the results but not in a scanned format. Anything in particular you want to know?

Here are the AS/ITS/ITA results. Again I want to stress the great job the A guys are doing. I so wanted to see Joe Moser (1:43.3...are you kidding me?!?) run down the AS Camaro for the overall win Sunday! Great job guys!

http://www.kyrotary.com/rrxp689/resultsmo730.jpg

http://www.kyrotary.com/rrxp689/resultsmo731.jpg

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Originally posted by C. Ludwig:
    Joe Moser (1:43.3...are you kidding me
    You have no idea how frustrating that is. I'm still busting my balls to just get back into the 1:44's again! Keep in mind that going into last weekend, there's only ever been 6 ITA cars to ever break the 1:44.999 mark (5 were there last weekend) and no one had ever run faster than a 1:44.46X. A 1:43.3 is just out of this world....unbelieveable.

Oh, and since I didn't get to afterwards, I'd just love to thank that ITS RX-7 who ruined what was going to be my fastest lap ever at Mid Ohio during qualifying on Sunday. Honestly, if a car in a slower class than you picks up at least 15-20 car lengths on you through the course of one lap and catches you coming out of 13, he just might be on a flyer, so please, get out of the way! My car had a 1:44.7 in it that morning but traffic just wasn't going to let it happen.
    ------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

[This message has been edited by R2 Racing (edited August 01, 2005).]

I know that wasn't me It's seems to be harder and harder for the ITA/ITS mix to work. Some poor judgement from both sides of the fence on this subject. The A Sedans (and a few CRX's) were giving me no love either during the race on Sunday.

Originally posted by R2 Racing:

Oh, and since I didn't get to afterwards, I'd just love to thank that ITS RX-7 who ruined what was going to be my fastest lap ever at Mid Ohio during qualifying on Sunday.

[This message has been edited by paulydee (edited August 01, 2005).]

Originally posted by paulydee:
    I know that wasn't me It's seems to be harder and harder for the ITA/ITS mix to work. Some poor judgement from both sides of the fence on this subject. The A Sedans (and a few CRX's) were giving me no love either during the race on Sunday.

Hey Paulydee, I was in the red/white AS Mustang #34, I hope I wasn't one of the AS guys giving you no love on Sunday. I was hounded by two well-handling RX-7's but I couldn't give up my horsepower advantage down the straights. I thought we all ran a great,clean race on Sunday. In fact I was impressed on how well all the cars did in Group 2 which was a pleasant change from my many years of running ITB. At any rate, sorry if it was me you were inferring to in AS cars.

[This message has been edited by paulydee (edited August 01, 2005).]

Wow, Chris, 4 in a row. You da man. You trying to jack up the price of that car or what?

------------------
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13
    CenDiv WMR