Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOR Games Aug 6/7

Guest_trd77_* Guest

Originally posted by paulydee@Aug 8 2005, 01:07 PM
    For as for Sunday's group 6 race I'll try to keep it as PC as possible but it was kind of messy. A certain yellow car caused aother driver to spin in the carousel and the three cars behind the mess (me included) wound up playing a bit of bumber cars as a result. No damage, but the incident could have (and should have) been avoided. Then a T2 SVT Cobra held up three ITS guys (me included) for more laps than I want to remember. 15-20 more HP would have got me by him to keep up with the 240Z clan, but I spent many laps riding the Cobra's bumper three times a lap only to be blown away on the straight sections as I watched the 240's disappear.

All this on top of me stuffing it in the wall on the inside of one on Saturday qual's.

One point I want to mention here. If you are going out to qualify on sticker tires and are going to mosey around for two to three laps, LET PEOPLE BY!
    [snapback]57979[/snapback]
    As for the "certain yellow car" causing another driver to spin in the carousel. What caused the spin was that the datsun,on the outside came down on the yellow car, who had the inside line, and when the datsun started to come down the yellow car hit the brakes and could not avoid the car. We have video to show this point if needed. It is a risky move to try to pass on the outside and as a result these type of racing incidents happen. When you pass on the outside, you are asking the inside driver to give you room when sometimes there is no more room.

Hmm....my video shows something different. Must be a perspective thing. I have to go and research what the definition of "racing room" is.

It was curious when I started racing three years ago I was told to stay clear of a "crazy TR8" because it historically took people out during races, most of the time at turn one after the green.

Here is to my first use of a new smiley.

Guest_trd77_* Guest

I will look at the video in more detail since the camera was in yellow car it has a better perspective than yours. If it shows something different than what I say in a quick view of the video, I will be the first to say.

As far as staying clear of the TR8. I would agree that in 25 years of racing he has been invloved in incidents, as would anyone who has raced that long. Look at yourself, you have been doing it 3 years and you took yourself out and beat up your car in qualifing.

Originally posted by Guest_trd77_*@Aug 8 2005, 07:47 PM
    As far as staying clear of the TR8. I would agree that in 25 years of racing he has been invloved in incidents, as would anyone who has raced that long. Look at yourself, you have been doing it 3 years and you took yourself out and beat up your car in qualifing.
    [snapback]57997[/snapback]
    No argument there really, but the key phrase there is I took myself out. Didn't drag anyone else down with me, didn't try to win the race in turn one. Pushing the limit during qualifying sometimes results in these things. It's my first and might not be my last but I feel that I have built a reputation so far that I can be trusted to race along side FWIW.

I would have thought that 25 years experience would prevent incidents like the one on Sunday, but I guess I will check myself in 22 years.
    Paul D'Angelo

Originally posted by Guest@Aug 8 2005, 05:18 PM
    ...Anyone have a view of what happened? Rick in the #60 SM that I was paddocked clocked the rear of the guy in front of him....
    That might have been me. I was in the #14 ITA Red Civic. I've got video, but it just shows the car Two rows up hitting the brakes, then the Purple ITA car (right in front of me) doing the same (to avoid hitting him), then me hitting the Purple car and the Miata behind me hitting me. I don't think the flag could have been later! I got the GTI in front of me pretty square, but the Miata behind me just clipped my rear corner. It was a pretty hard hit from behind and it did more damage than I was expecting. I ended up having an off in T1 and trashing the entire drivers side of the car... I talked to the GTI driver and he was "ok" with the incident. I couldn't find the Miata - just wanted to make sure he knew what happened in front of me. It's just one of those racing incidents. No one got hurt and everyone I talked to had a good time.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It really was one hell of a weekend for my Dad and I. We both doubled up on wins and each ran our fastest laps ever around Mid Ohio. My race on Saturday was unbelieveably hard! Keeping Colin at bay for 14 laps is impossible so I have no idea how I did it. Congrats to him for having a hell of a race himself though. Very, very, very close racing and never a "questioning" moment or move - it was great!

As for Sunday's race, I may have been at fault too for the field checking up. I was on the outside of row 1 and after the stupidly late green, I went to shift from 2nd to 3rd and hit 5th by accident. I got it back into 3rd really quickly but still got tanked pretty good in the ass by the SM behind me. That could've accordianed all the way back, I don't know. I thought I had lost the race right then on the start because I knew if Colin got ahead of me, he was a tad quicker. Unfortunately for him, his steering wheel popped loose going into the keyhole on about lap 5 or 6. He got it back on insanely quickly and only lost maybe 10-12 car lengths to me as I passed him. He charged back and once again, we turned into an ITA train. Then around lap 10 or 11 we both went real hot into turn 1, I got up on the outer berm and Colin went up and over it and bounded through the grass. He lost a couple of car lengths but came back on. After that though, his water temp started rising and he had to eventually slow down and nurse it slow enough to just still finish 2nd.

Steve - I tried stopping by your trailer twice on Sunday but you were never there. Anyway, you never held me up at all. On Saturday though, I was just hoping you were seeing me coming because I just absolutely had to get through right there. I know I came flying through pretty quickly but come on, Colin was right behing me! :P Sunday wasn't a problem either. 13 isn't an ideal place to catch traffic at all but you went far enough outside in the middle of the corner that I was able to track in and out like no big deal. Thanks for that!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX