Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mid Ohio July 2nd-4th

I had a great time. Got to meet Doug Ford, Bill Denton, RacerBill, and a few others, and renewed friendships with many others. Doug and I battled it out on Sunday, but he out-drove me on the last lap.

Where the heck does Chris Ludwig find all that speed? He's got me by 5 seconds and won both ITS races.

Doug, email me at [email protected]. I've got a race video proposal for you.

------------------
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13
    CenDiv WMR

I had a pretty good weekend but would've liked a little more. Saturday I qualified 4th in ITA and 6th overall (with ITS). I was able to hang at the rear of the 6 car lead pack that was just going at it the whole race. I had a great race to sit there and watch 2 ITA CRX's, 2 ITS 325's, and 1 ITS RX-7 go back and forth. Unfortunately it was taking all I could to stay right there with them so I didn't mix it up much. Still, finished 3rd in ITA and 6th overall.

Sunday I was a little mad about not getting up into that pack so I knew I had to qualify better. I went out and took the ITA pole and was 2nd on the grid behind Chris' RX-7. The two ITA CRX's, Chris, a ITS Prelude, and I were able to break away from everyone else. All three of us ITA cars got by the Prelude and left him behind. So for about the first half of the race, the ITA race was pretty good. I went from 1st to 2nd, back to 1st, back to 2nd, and then eventually to 3rd.

So I guess I'm glad that I can finally hang with two of the best ITA cars in the country now (they were 3rd and 4th at the ARRC last year, I was 7th). It's just taking all I've got to do it. Plus they're just faster than me down the back straight-away and eventually you just can't defend that. My car just needs to rotate a tad bit more. I might try a bigger rear sway bar and see how that works. Oh yea, and another 7whp would be fabulous.

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

Hey Bill,

I would like to get some copies of the group photos you took. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the video from Doug as well.

Congrats to Chris for the double victory in ITS. It was a great weekend.

Pauly D

Ray: You guys have a safe trip back? Hope you get the gremlins worked out. I would look at the wiring from the battery to the master switch - somewhere the rest of the wiring is getting voltage. Either that or the master switch is bad and is never breaking the circuit.

Let me know what you find out.

I am going to download the pictures tonight, and cut a cd for you. Call me so I can get your address.

------------------
    Bill Stevens
    Mbr 103106
    BnS Racing
    83 ITA Shelby Dodge Charger
    www.motorpride.com/BnSRacing

Doug and I had a great time at Mid-Ohio thanks to the guys we have met on this site -Paul, Chris, Marty. I had raced there a few times '99-'01 in other cars but was much faster in my "new" SpeedSource RX-7. I was thrilled to be w/i a sec. of the winner (some guy in an orange RX-7) Sat. but on Sun. he was a sec. faster and I was a sec. slower. Chris really had it dialed in. I wish I had been on better tires - but isn't that what we all say after about 3 sessions on Hoosiers? My resonator (a second Borla muffler in the cat position)blew out in qualifying Sun. and think I lost a little low end; per the Pi I was actually 2 mph faster on the straight. Doug had never raced at M-O but after we attended The Runoffs last year he really wanted to. We were both pleased to get out of there w/ minimal damage - Doug none but I have a dent in the left rear courtesy of a certain red 280Z w/ silver graphics that came w/o an apology. The drive home was thankfully uneventful: we pulled out at 2 p.m. local time and were in the Memphis city limits around 11 Memphis time. I'll get the photos edited and e-mail them to you. Why don't you guys come to St. Louis 8/6-7?

------------------
    Bill Denton
    87/89 ITS RX-7
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

>>>>St. Louis 8/6-7

I will be at Mid Ohio again for the WOR Games.

I am shooting for 4 weekends at MId O this year. Then maybe I will get fast enough to at least see Chris in front of me during a race

Thanks for the congrats guys. I never would of guessed the weekend would of turned out the way it did. We came within 7/10th of the track record Sunday but still had A cars breathing down our necks! That's the amazing thing to me. Those are the guys that are dialed in.

Was definetly a fun weekend for us. Got to meet a couple new faces and see some people we haven't seen in a while. My crew celebrated a bit too much Saturday night after the win. Made for some candid moments Sunday.

The Aug 6/7 weekend I have another engagement. It's a bit up in the air at this point but I plan on doing the weekend before at Mid-Ohio so I'll probably take that weekend off regardless. I plan on doing the fall race at Gateway though so maybe we can see you guys then?

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

does anyone know if the results are posted online. looking for ITS results

Here's a link to the ITS results.

http://www.kyrotary.com/rrxp689/lastscan.JPG

http://www.kyrotary.com/rrxp689/lastscan2.JPG

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

[This message has been edited by C. Ludwig (edited July 05, 2005).]

Originally posted by C. Ludwig:
    We came within 7/10th of the track record Sunday but still had A cars breathing down our necks! That's the amazing thing to me. Those are the guys that are dialed in.
    You're welcome.

On Sunday, Dave (the silver CRX) came within a tenth of the ITA track record and Bob (the yellow CRX) came within two tenths. I didn't think the track was that fast so I was impressed. I'd expect it though since those two CRX's finished 3rd and 4th at the ARRC last year.

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

thanks for the results. looks like good turn out. I will be there for the Bratt Bash in the end of July

Hi all-

I made it home safe and sound after an interesting journey into Canada with my friends pickup and the race car.... just to check out Niagra Falls... it was hard to find parking but we did for free and just pretended to be dumb torists.. oh wait we were!!!

LOL

Anyway full race report coming with a bunch of thank yous and a couple pictures... To tired to keep typing, but I must say besides the fact that my car was slower than a turtle, (nevermind a rabbit) I had a blast. Next time I come out watch out though, as I think we can easily get the car to the front, the track is better suited for the car than any track I have ever been on, that being said, I will be back!!!

Thanks again for all the help, you were all wonderfull to me and that cute newly recruited Audi girl (Thanks for the help Alli)

Raymond "I can't wait to show Stephen the in car and rub it in that he had to work all summer" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing

For those interested in returning to Mid-Ohio for another double, there's the Ft. Wayne Brat Bash 7/30-31. I realize that there are two double regionals at Mid-Ohio one week apart(what's with that????) but racing is racing!

Bill (hope to have the Shelby together by then) Stevens

------------------
    Bill Stevens
    Mbr 103106
    BnS Racing
    83 ITA Shelby Dodge Charger
    www.motorpride.com/BnSRacing