Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid Ohio July 2nd-4th

Stephen isn't planning on going but the other Audi is still planning on going...

I am however going SOLO... driving alone, crewing alone, partying alone etc...

Where should I go for a good time (IE: who wants to hang out with me and help if I despiratly need it )

Raymond Blethen
    RST Performance Racing

Hey Raymond... Good to hear you'll make it. I'll be there in my 81 Audi Coupe as well. It's only my third year and the car still needs work, but it'll be fun all the same...

Look for us down in the garages (I'll be pitted with a yellow Legends car). I'd be glad to show you around and help with whatever you need. I've been meaning to pick your brain (the collective RST brain?) about a few things for a while now...

Elliott

Elliott...

You are racing a coupe? Have we talked before???

Want to share Garage space??? and/or padock area? Would love to pit with you... I will probably show up somtime late friday afternoon if all goes well. And I would be glad to share with you what we have learned if your willing to share with us what you have learned Actually you should call me... especially if you havn't got the car fully developed.. I am brining one car, but will have pieces parts to make two cars... and it doesn't take long to change a few parts... if ya know what I mean

e-mail me offline if you want [email protected]

Raymond Blethen
    RST Performance Racing

Ray...

Just tried to email you but it bounced back. Is that your correct email address? Can you try to get in touch with me offline at ebavely at gmail.com?

OK what are we running for camber in the Front wheel catagory at Mid Ohio???

225/50/14 Hoosiers on an Audi... Need the recomendations

(we run as high as -4.5 degrees at some tracks...)

I'm very excited about next weekend. I can't wait to get my car out on Mid Ohio again and see how it does.

Most likely my Dad and I will be paddocked up on the top of the hill next to the main road as you come in. Look for the orange ITA Integra and ITC Civic.

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

Can't wait either Kevin, hopefully we get some rain this week so we get none over the weekend. We will be in our normal spot, my car will just be mulit-colored. It's all fixed, just no time to paint the new hood/fender, but it's straight!

You know where we will be. FYI, we never pass the Ruck compound for two reasons: 1) its uphill from where we are, 2) you and your dad have scooters!

Originally posted by tschwenke:
    We will be in our normal spot, my car will just be mulit-colored. It's all fixed, just no time to paint the new hood/fender, but it's straight!
    That's great. Did you have to get that one frame rail pulled or welded up or something? Don't worry about it being multicolored, hoods and fenders are wear itens anyway.

Originally posted by tschwenke:
    FYI, we never pass the Ruck compound for two reasons: 1) its uphill from where we are, 2) you and your dad have scooters!
    Hahahaha, that's funny as hell. Yea, it's up hill, but we only have one scooter! Sometimes I like being down on the asphalt (like if we know the weathers going to be horrid) but up on the hill we always get a good breeze and great TV reception!

Had the rail bent back up, it wasn't moved that far. How the front bumper of a GTI can go UNDER a front bumper of a SM (especially at that position on the track) I will not try to understand.

New bumper, new hood, new core support, new headlight, new fender, new battery (well, all new to me) and I am ready to go..

Hey, local guys, what's the weather looking like? I'd rather not transport rain tires all the way and back. Keep us updated, if you will.

------------------
    Bill Denton
    87/89 ITS RX-7
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Well, weather.com is showing Sat 77 and sunny and Sunday is going to be 85 and sunny. 20% chance of showers both days. I won't be bringing rain tires, since I don't have any I look forward to seeing you there.

PMD

I will be brininging the Intermediats, and the rain tires all the way from good ol NH, just to make sure that the sun stays out for us

New suspension still not at my doorstep, crossing my fingirs and waiting till tomorrow night... if it doesn't come in then I might be running on some old worn out parts... hopefully they will last the weekend

Raymond "errr, I don't think I will be as fast as I was hoping" Blethen

RST Performance racing
    ITB Audi Coupe

I appologize in advance for the hyjack of the thread...

How many ITC guys are lookig to show up?

This will be my first time at Mid-Ohio, and first time this year away from the home track and woulnd't mind catching up with a few of you.

Ben Schaut
    Datsun 510 (#66 for this race)
    Detroit Region/WHRRI

New suspension just got done at the machine shop... leaving now to pick it up!!! This will be my first time at Mid Ohio also so I am very excited!!! One Long night tonight working on rebuilding the car yet again with the new suspension, then a long 11-13 hour tow and I will be arriving sometime over the friday night early saturday morning....

Raymond Blethen
    ITB Audi Coupe (The Red and Silver one)

Originally posted by Nigel Stu:
    How many ITC guys are lookig to show up?

This will be my first time at Mid-Ohio, and first time this year away from the home track and woulnd't mind catching up with a few of you.
    My Dad (Richard Ruck) will be racing a Civic in ITC. Shawn Hobbs will be there in his X1/9 also. Then I wouldn't be surprised if any of these guys showed up too: Scott Fruth, Edwin Ho, Bill Shearer, R. B. Wright, Carl Holbrook, or some others.

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

just finished the car, packing in the AM and leaving around noon, see you all at midnight!!!

Raymond

I should be up there around 8 or so. I think it'll be just me, myself, and I holding down "the rig" tonight so feel free to stop by. Otherwise I'll be riding around on my scooter with the throttle in one hand and a beer in the other. woohoo!

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

You guys have fun. I wish I could be there.

------------------
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

It was great fun, Gregg! We missed you! The weather was perfect, the fields were big, and there was plenty of racing to be had regardless of where you were on the track. And......according to the Chief Steward, it was one of the cleanest race weekends in recent memory.

db

Dave,

That's good news. Glad a good time was had by all. I can't wait to hear the excuses when everyone gets back online.

G