Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis March 2005 Double School

Will there be any open practice time Friday or Saturday? When I was out there for the school a few years ago it seems like there was open practice Saturday morning before the school got going. I need to scrub some tires and shake off some cobwebs.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Also, when I open the entry form file with Works Spreadsheet (I don't have Excel) it gets spread out over 14 pages. Is there a more printer friendly version available or a geek trick to make this work? Thanks!!!

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

I got it to print on two pages. Part of it was my fault but had to squeeze everything together a bit to get it to fit the width of a page.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

No open practice time that I'm aware of at any point in the weekend.

We're working on a PDF form for those that don't have excel.

Is on-site motorhome camping available?
    If so, costs?

------------------
    Steve Linn
    '92 ITA Sentra SE-R
    www.indyscca.org

There aren't any hookups available, but you can stay the night at the track in a "motorhome," or in other words... no tents

Camping is free except maybe for Thurs. night. I know they charge for you to keep your racecar at the track overnight on Thursdays before Test N Tunes.

I assume there are restrictions on exit and entry at some point in the evening/night? Are we taling in the paddock or some other parking area? Just want to make sure that if we trot out to grab some food (I can't abuse my volunteer crew chief with too many meals of PB&J) we will be able to get back in the joint? Just brainstorming here as I may be able to "rent" a motorhome from a buddy for the price of 3 nights of hotel. Nothing like traveling in style for my very first school/race weekend!

------------------
    Steve Linn
    '92 ITA Sentra SE-R
    www.indyscca.org

Originally posted by Speed Raycer:
    Camping is free except maybe for Thurs. night. I know they charge for you to keep your racecar at the track overnight on Thursdays before Test N Tunes.
    Jude, the last time we "camped" over Thursday night, they charged us the $20. In all fairness, we had the car with us, so it may have been a "parking" fee. I've never tried it without the car.

FWIW, if you're not bringing a car, they will most likely require you to paddock (camp) in the first (gravel) parking area - which is only fair, so the cars don't have to pick rocks out of their race tires.

Originally posted by ITANorm:
    Jude, the last time we "camped" over Thursday night, they charged us the $20. In all fairness, we had the car with us, so it may have been a "parking" fee. I've never tried it without the car.

FWIW, if you're not bringing a car, they will most likely require you to paddock (camp) in the first (gravel) parking area - which is only fair, so the cars don't have to pick rocks out of their race tires.

Pssst....that's Scott, not Jude.

Nadeem

Originally posted by solaris:

Nadeem
    Phew... thanks for clearing that up Nadeem!

Originally posted by Racerlinn:
    I assume there are restrictions on exit and entry at some point in the evening/night? Are we taling in the paddock or some other parking area? Just want to make sure that if we trot out to grab some food (I can't abuse my volunteer crew chief with too many meals of PB&J) we will be able to get back in the joint? Just brainstorming here as I may be able to "rent" a motorhome from a buddy for the price of 3 nights of hotel. Nothing like traveling in style for my very first school/race weekend!

Entry and exit is not too painful. Just keep your SCCA ID with you. If you plan on coming back after 10pmish, it's a little harder if nothing else (drag racing) is going on that night and the "Security" guy is on rounds. You'll have to wait for him to get back as the outside gates will be locked. Once you get into the track you've pretty much got free reign (sp?).

------------------
    Scott Rhea
    It's not what you build...
    it's how you build it

Izzy's Custom Cages

[This message has been edited by Speed Raycer (edited January 05, 2005).]

Originally posted by solaris:

Nadeem

Oops!! Sorry.

OK!! Everything is online now! PDF entry forms, Cover, Supps, Prices, School Schedule and the all important Sanction Numbers

www.stlscca.org

Woohoo! 46 days and counting! Gotta find a transponder pretty soon

------------------
    Steve Linn
    '92 ITA Sentra SE-R
    www.indyscca.org

Another question before I start bothering MidDiv gigwigs - what's the rule for the marking of rookie's car's in MidDiv? CenDiv uses a big "X" next to the car number. The same in MidDiv? Something different like the big yellow stripe on the rear bumper? Thanks!

... Rookies aren't being singled out at this school... the Licensed drivers are.

It hasn't been officially decided upon but there will be some sort of target on the licensed drivers and they'll be watched like hawks by the instructors. ANY intimidating moves/dive bombs/bonzai tactics and they get to sit in the corner and watch all the other kids play. Also, EVERY person in the school gets an instructor who will be watching them.

There's talk of having a car on the track every session for ride alongs/follows as well as a set of eyes on the track.

------------------
    Scott Rhea
    It's not what you build...
    it's how you build it

Izzy's Custom Cages

Hi,
    I have a few questions about this Driving School, I was reading the entry form and noticed that there is not a late entry fee, do you have to preregister for this event. ? Also is this event limited to a certain number of enterants, I did not want to preregister and have the weather turn out to be 28 deg and snow showers.
    Thanks,

Michael Flock
    1988 RX-7 ITS

Originally posted by ITS51RX7:
    I was reading the entry form and noticed that there is not a late entry fee, do you have to preregister for this event. ? Also is this event limited to a certain number of enterants, I did not want to preregister and have the weather turn out to be 28 deg and snow showers.
    Thanks,

Michael Flock
    1988 RX-7 ITS
    IIRC, there is no late fee, but definitely call Carol Cohn on that. Preregistering would be a good idea though. Anything to make the volunteers lives a little easier.

No limit on the number of entrants. 28 degree's and snow is probably a huge longshot, but I know that they'll still hold the school with it snowing (was it last year that it snowed????)

Don't put the jinx on us!!!!
    Good MoJo, good MoJo!
    Please!!!!!!

------------------
    Steve Linn
    '92 ITA Sentra SE-R
    www.indyscca.org

I just checked the weather ( 75 deg and sunny all weekend ), I am not even going to bring the rain tires........... well maybe. Lets all hope for a dry, warm, fun weekend, see you all there.

------------------
    Michael Flock
    Cen-Dev
    1988 RX-7 ITS

Michael, if you pre-register and even pay but don't show up, you get your money back - so don't let that stop you.

And then come to Memphis the next weekend and get 2 races in. Better weather. And BBQ.

------------------
    Bill Denton
    87/89 ITS RX-7
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis