Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis March 2005 Double School

Default St. Louis March 2005 Double School

Hey, it's only 90 days away!
    Starting to look for some good pointers for attending the St. Louis Double School/Regional weekend on March 10-12. How does arrival work? Can we park the car Thursday night at the track? Anybody konw the general schedule that they use for the school? Hotel recommendations? I know this stuff hasn't been posted yet on the St. Louis site, I'm just getting an early start....and getting tired of sitting in the car in the garage making vroom, vroom noises!

------------------
    Steve
    '92 ITA Sentra SE-R
    www.indyscca.org

The track is very easy to get to and get into. You may park the car on Thursday night for a fee of $20.00 payable to the track.

I believe that the classroom session usually starts around 8:00 on Friday morning.

My husband and I sponsor the event by donating ball caps for all of the competitors.

If you have any other questions, let me know, I will try to help!

Thanks,

------------------
    Jennifer Rudder
    PFM Racing
    www.pfmracing.com

Thanks for the info Jennifer. Good to know I don't have to park the car at the hotel!
    I don't suppose you know if Ron Flier will be knocking about at the track that weekend? I had a chance to meet and play tag with him at a lapping event during the summer at IRP.

Steve, if ya need a motel the motel 6 at 55/70 exit 11 by Collinsville through the internet was/is ? $31.00 per night. Full of racers.

Have Fun
    David
    CenDiv
    ITA/7 1st gen RX-7

Steve, where are you in Indy. I race a TR8 in ITS and live in Fishers. It looks like the car is coming along

{STL RR Webmaster hat on}Some of the info is actually on the site(hotels, directions, track contact #'s, parking info). Just poke around a little in the Road Race section(under STL Racing up on the black banner). If you can't find anything, let me know.

We're working on new email registration forms as well as completely online registration for this coming season. I'm sure we'll be discussing the Drivers School at Mondays RR Committee meeting, so if there's any updates, I'll be posting them on the website.

Bring warm clothes, prepare to be rained on, snowed on or for it to be in the 60's and sunny. Definitely bring some buddies as crew as it is A LOT of track time and you'll have zero time to swap tires or check brakes etc. Friday is mostly classroom sessions in the morning starting around 7:30. IIRC, you'll get some track time after lunch... low speed/no passing type stuff. Saturday is almost ALL track time with around 8 sessions in the day. The last session is a double practice start and a ten lap "race."

Just remember that nobody wins at a drivers school and the goal is to be driving home on Sunday with a car that went on the trailer on it's own and a big tired grin on your face

------------------
    Scott Rhea
    It's not what you build...
    it's how you build it

Izzy's Custom Cages

Is there going to be a regional race on Sunday as there has been in years past?

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Yep!

Originally posted by trd77:
    Steve, where are you in Indy. I race a TR8 in ITS and live in Fishers. It looks like the car is coming along
    I'm on the northwest side. You've been dodging me at pit-out at IRP the last few years (I've only been run over by an FV so far...)

Dave, thanks, wasn't sure what the level of "fleabag" the Motel 6 was going to be.

Scott, thanks for the info. I've reviewed everything up on the site. My crew will only be one guy, but he has raced at gateway before and has instructed as well.

[This message has been edited by Racerlinn (edited December 05, 2004).]

Originally posted by Racerlinn:
    Scott, thanks for the info. I've reviewed everything up on the site. My crew will only be one guy, but he has raced at gateway before and has instructed as well.

You should be fine then. There's a great turn by turn write up on the course on the Road Race section of the website.

There's also some video links that have been postedon here. If you can't find them email me and I'll send a couple to you.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Will this double school, if successfully completed, yield a license to compete at the regional level? I would like to compete in the regional at IRP in May. A buddy of mine did the fall school at Memphis and that got him credit for one school weekend. What is the format for the double school, and has the host region released any information regarding the school? Thanks for your feedback.

Jim Sexton
    ITC Rabbit #36
    Cen-Div

Originally posted by Grumpa:
    Will this double school, if successfully completed, yield a license to compete at the regional level? I would like to compete in the regional at IRP in May. A buddy of mine did the fall school at Memphis and that got him credit for one school weekend. What is the format for the double school, and has the host region released any information regarding the school? Thanks for your feedback.

Jim Sexton
    ITC Rabbit #36
    Cen-Div
    Jim... Info is coming soon as the details are being finalized. Keep checking the regions website www.stlscca.org for the entry and supps. I'll also post here on IT.com when they're up.

The Double Drivers School will get you 2 completed schools which will complete the school requirements (assuming he passes both days). If he chooses he can also race on the Sunday and get his first race out of the way. Then all he'll need is a second completed race to get his licence. Tell him to run on his novice permit as long as possible. It'll save him a few $$$

Just an aside... The school will be very Novice Friendly this year. Licenced drivers get the big red dot identifying them and WILL be watched like hawks. ANY intimidating/bonzai moves and they'll be sent to the principles office. All drivers will have instructors whether licenced or novice.

------------------
    Scott Rhea
    it's how you build it

Izzy's Custom Cages

Also, if you're buddy still needs a school to complete his requirements, he can run the second day of the school (Saturday) with no problem and then compete on Sunday.

Originally posted by Speed Raycer:
    Just an aside... The school will be very Novice Friendly this year. Licenced drivers get the big red dot identifying them and WILL be watched like hawks. ANY intimidating/bonzai moves and they'll be sent to the principles office. All drivers will have instructors whether licenced or novice.
    What about those of us who are renewing (I hate to ask Lisa for another extension - it's been almost 2 years since I had my car on track)? Can we harass the students?

OTOH, if I don't have the car done, I'll be Stewarding - and in that case I know the answer.

------------------
    Norm - #55 ITA, '86 MR2. [email protected]

Originally posted by ITANorm:
    What about those of us who are renewing (I hate to ask Lisa for another extension - it's been almost 2 years since I had my car on track)? Can we harass the students?
    Ohhhhh ... Lloyd's going to be keeping a special eye on you Norm

Thanks for the updates Scott. Just finished up my tow hooks, got my region tech inspector coming over tonight for a look-see, Dr.'s appointment is set for the old turn-your-head-and-cough physical in a couple weeks. Still need to get a transponder and a spare set of wheels, but other than that, I'm ready! 70 days and counting!

------------------
    Steve Linn
    '92 ITA Sentra SE-R
    www.indyscca.org

Originally posted by Speed Raycer:
    Ohhhhh ... Lloyd's going to be keeping a special eye on you Norm
    I'm a lot more worried about Buster than Lloyd.

Originally posted by Racerlinn:
    I'm ready! 70 days and counting!
    Oh cr@p! I'm not!!! 70 Days??? That's it??? (runs back out to the shop)

All new Entry form (email friendly!) and Schedule is posted! Supps are coming soon.

Be sure to read through the instructions before downloading.

www.stlscca.org

------------------
    Scott Rhea
    it's how you build it

Izzy's Custom Cages