Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Sprints at the Farm

Default Fall Sprints at the Farm

I am going to the Fall Sprints at the Blackhawk Farm on Oct 9 & 10 to play with Ben & Bill. Is anyone else going to the Farm to play ?

Have Fun
    David
    ITA/7 RX-7 #14

ps: Ben & Bill what lap times need I turn so that I may play with the two of you? It will be my first time out with the partial conversion to the ITA/7 car.

That's become one of my favorite events! We'll be there providing nothing bad happens at the runoffs.

Last time I was 4 seconds off the leaders, but that's also when I was having troubles keeping the oil in the car. Now, things should be better and I'll be on stickier tires...

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Dave,
    A mid 1:24 to low 1:25 would probobly put you in the top 5 in ITA at BHF.

Bob

For all of you in the know, Shanty Towne #3 will be up for this event. Come by and say hi. We have all day since we are group 6.

Bob Clark
    #76 Cen-Div ITA (soon to be IT
    SCCA ITAC Member

It really sucks that we are last, but I guess someone has to be. I'm seriously considering coming down Saturday morning instead of Friday night...

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

***#76 Cen-Div ITA (soon to be IT
    SCCA ITAC Member***

Please someone help me with the thought process om this subject. The CenDiv ITA #76 owned by a ITAC member (sorry Bob) is not competitive in ITA therefore the car is reclassed to ITB.

The 1st gen RX-7 is not competitive in ITA therefore it gets to stay in ITA.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
    David

ps: There are two ways to play this game. Next year I will with my 1st gen RX-7 do the very best I can to be competitive in ITA. If I am not competitive I will do myself some competition adjustments for year 2006.

David,
    Sorry to burst your bubble but i, did not write the letters to get the 85-87 CRX SI and 86-87 Civic SI moved. I did write an intial letter in May of this year asking for this move and was turned down. The response was that the ITAC wanted to wait a year before moving this car and the 86-87 Civic SI. I agreed to this. With all the other changes going on this seemed to be the best thing to do.
    Now, several other people wrote in on these cars (no i did not prod them into writing letters)and the issue was revisited. After many questions and much discussion it was recomeneded that these cars be moved to ITB.
    As it stands these cars will pick up an added 130lbs of weight IF and WHEN the Club Racing board and the National Board of
    Directors approve this move.
    I hope you are kidding with this post because i take my position with the ITAC very seriously. As memebers of the ITAC we still have to follow the same rules as any other member in regards to rule or car classifications. All of the actions recomended are in fastrack along with the letter i wrote last May.
    If you want the RX-7 moved somebody better come up with a better letter and reason than just " We need this car moved because it is not competitive at my race track"
    David, The kind of letter you posted is one of the reasons i do not post much on this and many other sites.
    I'm also kind of p***ed off that you did not call me to get my side of the story before you posted your letter. We have an 800 number you know and you talked to me earlier today about other racing things.

Bob

Bob - Any idea when the outcome of all the hard work you and the ITAC will be offical?

May also make it to BFR, although S gets to play with the GT1 group.

JeffG,
    I'm not sure when it becomes official. I would assume it will be in the next issue of fastrack.The BOD had a lot of items to vote on (besides IT stuff) so, it will probobly take a little bit to compile for fastrack.
    On a side note: which car do you run?

Bob

***I'm also kind of p***ed off that you did not call me to get my side of the story before you posted your letter.****

Bob, loosen you shorts up a little before you choke. If I was serious about your class car being reclassed I would have talked to you about the proported issue. If Andy, Darin or George had had their cars reclassed I woud have given them the same business.

Now that we are off that supposed issue as you should well know we (racers) all have our own agenda. Being that we all have our own agenda I think you would agree that we all do what is best for our selves.

Have Fun
    David

[This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited September 15, 2004).]

BTW - Just happened to see the entry form schedule on the Chicago Region website.....

I noticed the race distance is 24 laps which is 1 lap shorter than a National race.

That, my friends, is a long race! I hope you guys are in good shape.

Even though it is just a single event 2-day regional, $200 is a pretty good deal for that amount of track time.

And if we can keep this run of weather going, what more could we ask for!

MC also has a long race at BFR near the end of Oct. - 50 laps. Just long enough for everyone to make on a single tank.

Jeff Giordano
    67 ITS

If the Oct 9-10 event was a double I'd be there but with towing costs and entry fees being what they are, I just go when I can run two races. In MIDIV we have Regional-National race weekends with a full slate of regionals on Saturday and on Sunday the national races AND another IT race. I love racing at BHF. I was the only RX7 at the Firecracker in July. Where were the rest of you RX7's?
    Mike Trier
    #99 Silver ITA/7

2 weeks to go and 2 transmissions still in pieces. I think I'm almost ready to start working on them. Now that's what I call excitment! How's everyones cars doing?

Hey Mike,
    Are you gonna come up to MAM this weekend to at least watch?

And Calling Jeff G.
    Whats going on,are you still holding up those ITA cars?
    I hope things are well,call me anytime
    515-202-7490

Ben, you're not the only one lagging behind. I finally put the suspension back on the car last night and started putting the nose back on as well. Hopefully by Friday it will be ready to go, but I think it is going to spill into next week.

Oh well, as long as I'm not working on it at the track!

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

I think it's going to be a cold one as well holmes. I'm thinking about staying in Madison with my bro friday and showing up saturday morning. One less night at the track for us poor people who have to camp.

Yes, I'm going to MAM with the car. I don't want to miss your fine meal Friday night. I can use a good getaway and I don't want the car to get as rusty as I am. I also got an awning and might as well use it. Besides, the tires won't get any stickier over the winter.

You know, it's a good thing I decided to replace the oil pressure sending unit. The brass fitting broke (again!) and so I'm going to have to fix it correctly this time. It's a good thing Bob and I were just discussing an isolator to get that mass off the engine...

Car is coming together well. Should be done tonight, except for tires (need to put on newer Hoosiers). How's everyone else's coming? David, is your car all ready, or are you still trying to finish it?

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing