Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fall Sprints at the Farm

Originally posted by benracin:
    So how do you guys take the entrance to turn 3?
    Through 2, exit right edge, gently all the way out to the left, full on all the way, brake med/hard, turn and back on it. If there's someone on your tail though, that leaves the inside open, so you will want to cheat back toward the middle if you don't loose too much speed doing it. But in "equal" cars, you'll be faster (IMVVHO) out to the left.
    (track record, spec-7 at BFR)

Have fun, I downin as my car is still getting uncrumpled.

------------------
    Steve
    [email protected]
    <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jake7140" TARGET=_blank>My racing page
    </A><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/elrss" TARGET=_blank>Elkhart Lake Racing_&_Sipping Society
    </A>

***I downin as my car is still getting uncrumpled.***

Steve, where, when did this happen ?

David

Bob,

Is there going to be a little celebration in your paddock spot after the race as you peel the A from the ITA on your car?

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

[This message has been edited by planet6racing (edited October 05, 2004).]

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    ***I downin as my car is still getting uncrumpled.***

Steve, where, when did this happen ?

David
    RA, MC race, July 10. Tried to go out on bad rear tires, fought it off for 10 laps, but finally slid off and hit the concrete wall outside of the carousel. Pics on my site if interested. Basicly a flat pop on the driver's side, front to back.

I'm getting to be good friends with the rescue team that parks by the Snap-On bridge. :-(

------------------
    Steve
    [email protected]
    <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jake7140" TARGET=_blank>My racing page
    </A><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/elrss" TARGET=_blank>Elkhart Lake Racing_&_Sipping Society
    </A>

Bob,
    Is there going to be a little celebration in your paddock spot after the race as you peel the A from the ITA on your car?

Bill,
    Since i,already have the ITB on the car from council races it should not be to anticlimatic. We can sure have a beer or two anyway to celebrate.
    Looks like i'm towing with the dump truck this weekend. Nice eh?
    Bob

Alright! The car moves, it's been washed, the tow van has a new fan clutch and I must of tickled it in the wrong place because it closed the hood on my head and gave me 5 pretty stitches. I'll be putting some front brake pads on her tonight so I'll try and be extra nice so I don't loose an arm. But otherwise, once I install the Saturn spear on the front of the car, John and I are ready to ROCK and will be there ready to go saturday morning baby! Who's with me!!!

Lets go racin!

(David, bring a couple spare transmissions so we cover our bases)

A Saturn spear????? Ya might need that if ya plan on starting behind THE Saturn

At the Runoffs Glen Jung who races a 1st gen in E Prod & a 1st gen in GT3 had his $50,000 motor cycle out for an evening ride. The friken thing has a Saturn spear on each side of the thing at every point where a bolt head or nut is. Between those three toys, his wife (who shares Corona's) & his big a$$ed tow rig & trailer I would like to know where his $$$ comes from. Oh, I know, he has a sponser.

I tell ya what Ben, if I trash another transmission please don't ask what my next transmission will be. I would bring some spare transmissions except that if ya don't keep them locked up some low life will steal them. Ya know I ain't got one of them there trailers with walls & a roof. I will get a motor coach to keep my a$$ dry & safe before the race car will see a enclosed trailer. Then I can lock up our spare transmissions in the motor coach. That sounds thoughtful to me. Do er think ifen I had one of those motor coaches I could talk one of those pretty little creatures into staying the night with me ? I ain't so old that I forgot what to do with one of those creatures. Ya let them cook & clean fer ya.

See ya Sat early a.m.
    David

ps: I just washed the race car & put it back in the garage so it don't get rained upon. As I closed the garage door the car was singing some ol song about a 4 door race car.

Wow! I didn't realize I was such a threat to you guys. It's probably a good thing I got the new tires mounted up last night, then...

We'll see you all tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get there at about 8:30 so that I have time to get everything together in our paddock area.

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

I'll bring the tiki torches! Went to change the pads on the van last night, which led to new rotors on the van last night, which led to new calipers on the van last night. Why does it always work that way? So I don't have anything packed or loaded yet. DOH!!! Good time I'm getting off work at noon baby! See yall stitches and all!

The car is sitting on the trailer here at work. I'm leaving at 5pm and heading to the track. The other half of the Billy/Bob race team should be there when i arrive.

Bob

My first comment is that the weather was great at the Farm Fall Sprints. My second comment is that the racing on Sunday was great. My third comment is a special congrats to Bill from Planet 6 Racing with his third place finish.

My fourth comment is a question. Because there was a paper pushing, protesting, self proclamed punting fool who kept the final results from being posted at the track who can tell me how to view the results for group 6 on the Chicago site.

Just like in KIDS football this protesting fool will Kick or Punt you for passing him. I have heard this guy say repeadly that when he has a poor qualifying time the cars in front of him had better look out becaue he's comming punting through. Driver I could care less about other issues you had on the track before I passed you. After I passed you I drove away therfore what excusse did you have for taging me ? Oh, shucks I forgot you run your own personal contest that after someone makes a Pass on you, you Kick or Punt the passing driver.

After venting I feel better.
    David

ps: I still need to know how to get the goup 6 final results from the Chicago site.

David:

First, the results aren't posted yet at the Chicago SCCA Website. When they are, you can just go to http://www.scca-chicago.com/roadracing/200...blackhawk_fall/ and get the results.

Secondly, my advice regarding your protests and everything else is to keep that between you and him. None of us saw what happened, you were able to finish the race, and you actually turned a very respectable fast lap time (1:27.4 in the race) with a solid fourth place finish. (Don't worry, though, next year I'll be in the 1:25's and you'll have a new target to shoot for!! ) Let's just end the Cendiv season on that and start prepping the cars for next year.

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

David,
    I did e-mail you and apoligized for lightly hitting you and protesting that. I did make a mistake on the protest and said so to you in the e-mail. You did make a clean pass and under brakes i did lightly tap your lr at turn in. I did not do it intentionaly. You did not spin,lose posistion(sp?)etc. Now the other part of the protest i will not apoligize for. That was not called for on your part.
    The other part of the story is: on the previous lap at turn 2 #64ITC tried to pass me with two wheels in the grass and hit me hard side to side twice before i backed off and he went on to hit#34 ITC hard in the rear and sent him off into the berm and almost rolling over. I ended up with a bent rr wheel or axle and some funny handling/braking problem.
    I did allow #34ITC to go by me before the turn 2 entrance before this happened. We were having fun and i was not going to catch the next ITA guy in front of me. #34 and i are friends and i trust him when racing close.
    Our lap times seem to be about the same but he could catch me in some spots and i could pull away in others. Fun stuff.
    I did not expect #64ITC to try and follow him by driving into the grass to try the pass.
    We all almost came to a stop at t3. there were a couple of cars also around at the time. The Fiero and the white Golf i think.
    I have never in my 15+ years of driving filed a protest for a driving infraction or have been protested for a driving infraction. #64ITC admitted he pulled a stupid move in hitting me and #34.
    I have told others and i'll say it right here.
    If i have a poor quailfying time i,will tell the people in front of me what i intend to do. I'm not bragging. I'm not boasting. I'm just giving them a heads up so, we do not have any incidents.
    There was a reason you qualifed behind me and did not seem to be catching up real fast until we got slowed down by the stuff that happened at turn 3.
    That said i,have the results. If you have a fax i'll be glad to fax them over. Just give me the number or give me a call.

[This message has been edited by 1stGenBoy (edited October 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by 1stGenBoy (edited October 12, 2004).]

Results are final now on the link posted by Bill.

I watched the first 5 laps from the outside of the gate and then had to leave.

What happened to Burns?

I see that the two ITC cars were both under the track record, and Wilke set a new ITS record. Weather conditions were perfect!

***Secondly, my advice regarding your protests and everything else is to keep that between you and him. ***

Bill, your are correct with your thoughts from your perspective.

IMHJ, more of this sort of stuff needs to be talked about out in the open when the the driver who does the punting is also the driver who protests the guy who got punted. Simply put, I passed the protester & he didn't like the fact that he got passed by ME @ MY first ITA race ever.............. Therfore under braking at T1 he punted me & then I drove away from him. I thought no more of it (other than after the race to look at the car damage I received) untill my # was called to the SOM. & in the protest room here is the punter who has zero sack filling out protest paper work. If the protester had any SACK he would have looked me up after the race & that would have been the end of everything. But no the protester is doing his SHOW & TELL for his padocck pals (three other red cars & all good guys from what I understand). After his protest is disallowed the protester is full of apologies using other things as reasons why he took a shot at my left rear corner & the aftermath. These paper filling protesters need to be openly called out when their protest is disallowed & their only reason to protest is to fulfill their personal EGO.

St. Louis or bust
    David

ps: Bill, one race in ITA this year with maybe a total of 50 laps & a fast race time of 1:27.4. Hmmmmmm, I think ya need to plan on faster times than 1:25's for year 2005.
    See ya then..........

Ben, what's your target time for year 2005 ?

Well the goal is to be faster then all you guys now isn't it!

And if Mr. Banner (William or Bill) driver of the #27 civic is out there, I had a lot of fun those last pile of laps racing against you. Nice pass on the last corner last lap, DOH! Good clean racing rocks. Hope you enjoyed it as well.

Ben.
    #33 rx7

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    ...My third comment is a special congrats to Bill from Planet 6 Racing with his third place finish.
    All hail Bill!!!

David, did you ever find that rear gear? If not, you should shave quite a bit of time if you do get one. I keep hearing 2 seconds a lap.

------------------
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13
    CenDiv WMR

Marty, yes I have the gear in the car with another that I need to pick up while racing in St. Louis at the end of the month. Any more than a 4:88 at the Farm & I would need to ues 5th gear. Maybe I will need 5th gear at the Farm after some more laps. With my first race this past weekend with the partial conversion to ITA & maybe 50 laps i see 8,000 at T1. Pulls strong the full front straight.

Have Fun
    David

Toby Shuster has some photos posted on his website, linked via the Milwaukee Region website:

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Photos/PhotoDir.html