Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gateway???

Thanx....glad you made it home ok
    How's your bros car doin ? mike g.

Originally posted by m glassburner:
    How's your bros car doin ? mike g.
    Still sitting on the trailer, and I have zero problem with that at this point

It might make it to the Oct. race if the SCCA will waive my license requirement (mechanically DNF'd or DNS'd each freakin race I tried to attend this year).

I've got a few cages that are going to be taking up my time in between now and the Oct. race at Gateway, so it may be sitting for a long while.

On the Gateway Parking situation: The STL Road Race committee is trying to come up with a revised plan, so if you have any additional ideas on the paddock parking situation, post them here and I'll forward the ideas to them.

Paving the gravel area is one suggestion I'd like to make. Another is a little striping to beter designate the 20X40 spaces.

When we showed up Friday morning we were told that we get a 20x40 slot per car, no problem, more room than I could fill more than likely. My brother and I took 2 spaces next to each other and set it up for our transport vehicles to park on one side while the race vehicles we kept next to each other for organizational ease. Since the Friday test and tune was cancelled we set tires in the area where the transport vehicles park and left for the day. Upon our arrival later to go through tech inspection we find that one of the huge RVs moved our tires and took up the extra space that we had set up for our vehicles and trailers, not really a big deal. We ended up parking our trailers over on the gravel lot to get them out of the way while working on the race cars, not a big deal until we were ready to leave.

Now obviously, some of these RVs are more than 40 feet long, so that in itself is a problem, but it seemed to me that they need to have space for themselves designated somewhere on the paddock, say 20x80. Looking at the paddock, designate one side as the Large RV side and the other for the racers that only require 20x40 feet. We watch on Friday a group wrestle a large RV into a spot for 15 minutes, then decide to move over to the other side of the spot due to the door on the trailer opened on the wrong side, only to be told later that he was across the "X" that marked the slots and had to move it again. Watched another group set up everything in the spot; car, canopy, trailer, only to find out that they were in the area designated for the emergency vehicles and had to move.

Still, I think it all went well and everyone did an excellent job dealing with the new parking system and races in the future will be much better I am sure. I think marking the areas better would help, but I think they also need some volunteers to help people to their spots. Kind of like when you go to the track and you are parking out in the fields they have parking attendants waving you to the next spot available.

Just my .02