Thread: track list.

Default track list.

i am trying to decide what group i want to race with so i was wondering what are the list of tracks you guys race at. i have to decide if i want to make the track to some of these tracks. i want to drive as many tracks as i can, but it might be better to start a season at one track. also what are options for getting a license. if any of this is easily posted then just put the link an i apoligize. thanks in advance.

chris(extreme rookie)

Where are you located?

south of detroit

Starting close and working out:

SCCA Sanctioned Tracks
    Waterford Hills (near Detroit)
    Gratten (MI)
    Gingerman (MI)
    IRP (IN)
    Mid-Ohio (OH)
    Blackhawk (IL...but if you loose your brakes going into 1 you wind up in WI )
    Road America (WI)
    Nelson Ledges (OH)
    Beaver Run (PA)

Non-SCCA Sanctioned
    Putnam Park (IN)

thank you. i have been on waterford and gingerman for test and fun. i have only been able to do an auto-x at gratten. gratten looks like loads of fun.

Grattan is my home track - love it. I often hear others comment that it is their favorite track.

Driver's schools - Keep an eye out for the 2004 schedule on the scca web site - it probably won't be up for a couple months yet. They'll list schools there. This year Waterford had one fairly early in the year, and Gingerman had one in late June.

Glad to see another new face - I just started this year.

------------------
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX7 #13
    CenDiv WMR

How far south of Detroit?

Waterford sanctions its own races and has 7 events a year. They are very economical.

Sound control is tight and getting tighter there so if you are building a car or already have one, add an extra muffler.

I started racing there for my first two years and it is a great track to start at.

I found it easier to only have to worry about learning how to race at first as opposed to learn how to race and drive a new track every weekend.

Waterford has its own driver's school that is pretty good with a ton of track time. I think it is usually in April.

i think i am going to try the waterford thing. then do the scca tour. i want to go to more than one track. but i have to learn one thing at a time.