Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlotte IT Race ?

Any idea about what time the CCR will begin on Sat.?

Oops double post.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 08, 2005).]

Originally posted by jmark:
    What time does the CCR race start approx.?
    HI Mark,
    Looks like it'll be last event....Start around 3-3:30.....maybe a little later,never can tell for sure. Stuff happens to screw up the schedule a lot....nobodies fault, it just happens.
    david

Originally posted by dspillrat:
    HI Mark,
    Looks like it'll be last event....Start around 3-3:30.....maybe a little later,never can tell for sure. Stuff happens to screw up the schedule a lot....nobodies fault, it just happens.
    david
    David, Your car going to be ready?

Who is going to be there in ITA?

Mark,
    Shoot Mackaman a email with your full name, just spoke with him today, has room on his "crew" for a extra hand....I'll be there on Saturday to help out.

David Spillman

Originally posted by jmark:
    Originally posted by dspillrat:
    HI Mark,
    david
    David, Your car going to be ready?

Thanks David. I may do that. Not sure what good it will do me because I'll probably have to hang out with my son (12 years old) and I am not sure what access he is allowed. He has a knee injury he got in a basketball tourney last weekend so we probably won't be doing as much walking as we would normally. I def. want to meet you guys. I tried Mike's email and it keeps getting returned.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 12, 2005).]

any ITB guys going?

David,

Haven't been able to get thru to Mike via email. He has some sort of SPAM blocker. We'll probably come up Sat. around lunch time. Hope to see you guys up there.

See ya guys up there Sat. morning. Any test times from Friday?

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 17, 2005).]

I took my son to watch the Carolina Cup IT race at Charlotte yesterday. Met David aka dspillrat who was crewing for the #23 260Z car of Mike Mackaman. David's Z isn't quite ready yet. Mike's car ran well. Also met the #72 car 240Z driver Rick aka Rick_htm and Steve the driver of the #57 240Z. There were a total of 4 Z cars running. I believe Mike & Steve finished in the top 5 of the ITS class. Had a great time and looking forward to seeing David's Z out there soon. All the Z guys helped each other out and were alot of fun to be around. It's pretty cool to see 30 + year old car running competitively with 5-10 year old cars. David & Rick great to finally meet you. Stay in touch. Looking forward to Road Atlanta in Nov.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 19, 2005).]

what a blast. ran the ccps class on lowes and it was just such a fun race. i really do like that track. too bad they only run one race there.met some of the other drivers and really liked the whole event!

we ran the CCPS race on Saturday and the ECR (in the rain) on Sunday, with the CRX. we both had a lot of fun... liked the track a lot, even though we don't have a horsepower car. during the CC event, Matt in the 13 Honda, Jim in the MR2 and I were drafting for several laps, and actually running 3 wide through Nascar 3 and 4!

the rain was interesting, my codriver had us well into 1st in class with the toyo full treads. we wound up 2nd after it dried up some.

what a blast! glad to get to see some of you guys and meet some i didn't know. and thanks again to Kent and Ralph for loaning me the video tape friday!

hoop

------------------
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    White ITC Honda CRX #4

When & where will results be posted for the two days?

That was a blast! I had a good run in the CCPS race, although I got my first ever penalty in SCCA racing. I finished 3rd in ITS but was penalized 1 finishing position for a short pit stop. I was short by .14 seconds!? I suppose the rules are the rules. Anyway, I drove all of the practice qual and race on Saturday and Bryan came out to run the ECR on Sunday. He started the car in the rain and I took over after the track dried out. Thanks to the 86 crew for the tire change.
    It was great to meet some of the people from this board, although I didn't really have that much time to sit and talk. Keeping a 35 year old car down in the 1:26.7 lap times takes a lot of work!

Steve Parrish
    ITS 57
    Silver Z

Originally posted by Parrish57:
    That was a blast! I had a good run in the CCPS race, although I got my first ever penalty in SCCA racing. I finished 3rd in ITS but was penalized 1 finishing position for a short pit stop. I was short by .14 seconds!? I suppose the rules are the rules. Anyway, I drove all of the practice qual and race on Saturday and Bryan came out to run the ECR on Sunday. He started the car in the rain and I took over after the track dried out. Thanks to the 86 crew for the tire change.
    It was great to meet some of the people from this board, although I didn't really have that much time to sit and talk. Keeping a 35 year old car down in the 1:26.7 lap times takes a lot of work!

Steve Parrish
    ITS 57
    Silver Z
    Steve, It was nice to meet you too. Stopped by to look over the car but you were busy. Your Z is very nice and quick too. I was the dark haired guy with the 12 year old son hanging out at Mike's car. How did you finish in the ECR? I didn't realize you are from Rock Hill, SC. We live in Greer SC.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 20, 2005).]

Anybody see any photo guys at Lowes this weekend??? I need a couple shots for a sponsor.....

------------------
    Fred Alphin
    #92 Hankook Tire SSB VW GTI VR6
    BMW 325i ITS ( 2006 ? )

just wanted to say that a fun time was had by all.great racing in the ccps class. great track to do it on.and i would like to give a wave back to all of the drivers that gave a wave back to me as i waved them by.BTW i was the back marker in the yellow ITB mustang. great show, thumbs up!