Thread: CMP - Kershaw

Default CMP - Kershaw

Who's going to CMP this week end? I'd like to meet you guys and have a beer or two.

Also, I am the Atlanta Region SARRC rep and if you are due a plaque for coming in 2nd thru whatever in the SARRC and have not picked it up yet I am the guy to see. Just stop our pit, I crew for #11 in CFC - the car is black and yellow.

See you there,

------------------
    Tom Sprecher

I'll be there, codriving ITC #22 in the ECR.

I'll be there for the double SARRC only. I'm in the #1 ITS Nissan 240sx, black with green and silver flames. Cold beer always on board the trailer.

I will be there, pokeing along trying to stay out of trouble.

#66 ITC White Datsun 510

Please stop by

Jeff Young, Mark Whight, and I will be there with the 260z and 39 Miata, come by and have a beer.

------------------
    Ron Earp
    NC Region
    Ford Lightning
    RF GT40 Replica
    White Jensen-Healey ITS
    Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS

We will be there probably working on the car, since everything is new its seems like no matter how much prep time we spend before the weekend something always arises for us to tinker on in the evenings. Please comeby when your drinking your cold beers and watch us bust our #ss! #5 Yellow scirocco ITC

Derek Ketchie

Derek,
    We're usually busting our ass too but I am hoping that for the first time ever, this might be a relaxing weekend. Yeah right.
    Ron

------------------
    Ron Earp
    NC Region
    Ford Lightning
    RF GT40 Replica
    White Jensen-Healey ITS
    Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS

We haven't had a mind-bending trailer towing adventure this year. I bet that is next, after broken transmission, fire, broken motor, wreck and broken motor which we have already been through in just five race weekends.

Hey Derek, you guys doing the ECR? I heard you were some kind of fast at the SARRC/MARRS a few weeks ago at VIR.

Nice to see that there should be a good ITC showing this weekend.

--Karl

Jeff, what ended up being the problem with the TR8 motor?

------------------
    Tristan Smith
    Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56

Yeah, I didn't think about a towing mis-adventure. Something like a nasty flat and subsequent loss of trailer control, something like that should wake the week up!
    Or maybe ripping down part of an overhang at a burger joint while trying to get some drive in road food.

------------------
    Ron Earp
    NC Region
    Ford Lightning
    RF GT40 Replica
    White Jensen-Healey ITS
    Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited May 25, 2005).]

Karl.... Shhhhh...

We don't actually *want* to race Derek at CMP. VIR, Road Atlanta, Daytona, Lowes... Sure. But not CMP.

The #22 car sux at CMP and the #5 car is FAR from sucking at that track.

So you just have fun in those SARRC races and go home and make some BBQ on Monday Derek. That sounds like a good plan.

------------------
    #22 ITC Honda Civic
    3rd Place 2004 ARRC
    1st Place 2004 ARRC Enduro
    www.motorpride.com/Catch22

unfortunatly, we wont be bring the #4 Crx ITC car there this weekend. (the wife tends to think that 3 day weekends belong to her ) after the fun we had on the grand course at VIR... i could only imagine how much the car would like Kershaw.

maybe not the best choice, but we plan on going to Lowes next month.

yall have fun!

------------------
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    White ITC Honda CRX #4

I wish you guys would run the Sarrcs, I have a feeling there are not gonna be too many ITC cars, which is too bad because CMP is one of those tracks that if you handle really well HP is not that much of an issue.

I have to say that originally we had planned on running the ECR, my problem is I only know one speed and that speed tends to use tires and brakes up really quickly. I think we will probably run the ECR at R.A. in July to prepare for the arrc. That is going to be one fun weekend. See ya'll this weekend

Derek Ketchie

The problem with the #22 car is that it is between gears in 5 of the 14 turns at CMP. 2nd is way too low and 3rd is way too high. Not much of a fix for this except maybe a 5.1 final drive, which I ain't paying Houseman to make for me.

So we're just running the enduro. Thats the only place we're running for points and we can hopefully pull out a win on reliability and effcient pit stops instead of relying on outright speed.
    You have 2 to 3 seconds on us at CMP Derek, so you ain't missing much by us not running the SARRCs.

We plan to run both the SARRC and ECR at Road Atlanta (our ARRC tune-up as well), so we'll see you there. I imagine lots of folks will be using that weekend for their pre-ARRC since we no longer have the Labor Day date.

Tristan, not sure yet. Frankly, I was pretty down on the car and put it aside for the last few weeks. I'm actually starting to tear it apart tonight, but I think by process of elimination it has to be a oil pick up tube problem. We'll see.

It's the Z car for me for most of the year. Maybe have the 8 back by July Roebling.

Jeff, would you e-mail me? I would like to ask you a few things about TR8's. I have an opportunity to buy one and I would like to know more about them.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    fastflames(at)tampabay.rr. c o m

Hey Derek, if you're still reading this - shoot me an email. I have some wheels for you from Scott, and was pretty sure you lived in my area. I'm in Durham near Southpoint mall.

karl dot shultz (at) gmail dot com