Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daytona ECR

1:35's??? wow faster than prototypes!!! lol

------------------
    Evan Darling
    ITA Integra

Okay, smart-ass! I messed with chemicals when I was younger! I meant 2:35 and 2:34. I'm just not use to racing on tracks that require much over a minute and change. I'm learning...plus, I'm old. Although, there have been people that claimed that Rebstock was capable of under a two minute lap at Daytona, but was sand-bagging.

------------------
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

The videotape shows that I *finally* did the international horsehoe correctly when I did the 35. I also got a great draft out of the chicane on that lap, so I got kind of a break. Most of my laps were 36s.

We do plan to be at Road Atlanta in July for both the SARRC and ECR. See if you can get that old man with the blue car to come up and maybe we'll have a little ARRC preview race.
    Assuming he doesn't sandbag again

I'll see what I can do. He's talking about doing the race at Roebling two weeks before, so he may only crew for me at Atlanta. Lord only knows I need all the help I can get. He tells me my car should be faster than his, but it sure ain't close. If you got the chicane good once, then you did it right twice as many times as I did.

------------------
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Get him to do the Road Atlanta ECR with you in your car. He can set a benchmark lap time for you and see how much improvement you need is you and how much is the car.

I did this a couple of years ago with a proven driver and it did wonders for my driving. He was about 4 seconds faster than me so I stopped looking at the car and started working on me. It was worth several seconds per lap and now I have people asking ME to drive their cars to help them benchmark.
    I highly recommend it, plus I'd love to go up against you guys in an enduro.

I've tried it and learned a bunch (imagine how bad I used to be). Usually he qualifies the car for the Texas 6 hr., I go out and match his time, and he follows up by besting my fastest lap! When I can follow him on course, I learn a bunch. Trouble is, I never get to follow him for a full lap...sometimes only a couple of turns. lol Sort of like following you. I'll see if he wants to do the enduro. My one time trip last year in Evan's car was not a good thing. Never having raced Atlanta, and driving a totally different car was one of the stupidest ego trips I've ever taken. Not recommended for the meek.

------------------
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic