Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIR

I witnessed some of the dumbest racing moves of my life this weekend in the ECR. I sure hope that in the two incidents I witnessed that the responsible parties had to answer to the stewards for their actions. Especially ITB #00(the mooneyes for numbers car, although they have the number as 03 on mylaps) If anyone knows of any penalties I would like to hear about it. I know he was written up for passing under the waving yellow. When I get the video I will post it.

It was great to put faces to some of the names on this board. Hope the travelers enjoyed their trip south!! Can't beat a race like Nick and I had and both come back without a scratch. Raced clean and hard and laugh when its over--thats racing.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS Speedsource RX7

although the only person I met was Jeff, I still have to agree with Steve... it's always good to put a face to a name. the CCPS event was a blast! unfortunatly, I botched the start (only my 3rd since school), but the Crx did well for us. i still have plenty of speed to find with the car, but that comes with track time.

curiously, once i removed the X from the sides... I found 4 more seconds a lap on Sunday!

------------------
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    White ITC Honda CRX #4

[This message has been edited by iambhooper (edited March 23, 2005).]

We had a fine time at VIR - great track, took a bit to learn. It's a combo of the Glen and LRP. Great elevation changes, high speed and some sharp turns. The facilities are tip top.

Needless to say - not a great run. My car crapped out for the Pro cup race - even Mike Vansteenberg was stumped.

Ran with John Costello in his car for the enduro second leg and just made two laps when the leading red bmw tried passing me on the outside with two wheels in the dirt and put me in the wall. I suppose that leaving a third a lane on the outside may have been my mistake, but sh*t, the pass attempt was foolish at over 100mph and two wheels in the dirt. Punted into the middle of the track sideways, hit by another orange RX7 (no fault of his) and went in hard, mashed my friends car and now am looking at some repair bills. Mostly sheet metal and right rear suspension. Not a fun way to end a weekend. And the bimmer had to be miserable too - blew his finish. Always two sides - just my side. Kudos to John - very level headed about his car being damaged. We'll make it whole again!

I'll return - it's worth the drive. Had a blast hanging out with everybody - congrats to Nick on the sprint win!

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    NNJR BoD - Treasurer
    [email protected]
    NNJR

Sorry you had bad luck in the race. I was driving the orange #20 RX-7 at the start of the ECR. Had a great stint. Everyone was really great and gave plenty of room to scoot through. Kevin Busler was driving when the incident occured. I was wondering what the heck happened! I'm sure the Robertson's (red BMW) didn't mean to hit you. I've been racing against them for a long time, and never had any problems. Plenty of side by side racing without touching. Hopefully you'll come back down to have some fun! Wish the blue and white RX-7 didn't break in the ECR. I wanted some more people to race with! I think next time we'll run the SARRC too and have some fun. I couldn't take Steve E. and Nick (?) having so much fun!!!

Rob May

[This message has been edited by Rob May (edited March 23, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Rob May (edited March 24, 2005).]

Rob,

Nick had nothiing but great things to say about the Sunday race - the wuality of the 'racing' was awesome.

Come on up to LRP and see a real SHORT track!

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Hey Rob, Don't forget about our conversation about tires! Give me a call if you need to.

------------------
    David Murphy
    Murphy Motorsports
    ITS 240sx
    www.murphymotorsports.net

Great races, wish I was in a few more of them, had a great time, weather was perfect, registration people could not have been nicer and the facilities were top notch. Would like to come down for the next event but we have an event at Limerock that weekend. Hope to see some of you at the ARRC.

------------------
    Nick Leverone
    04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Thanks for posting the video Debbie... and thanks Jeff for the write up. I wound up spending quite some time looking at the video, reading the write up and looking at the track map.

I'm 1/2 seriously considering visiting this track, not sure if it will be in May or not.

Just wanted to let you guys know your info is greatly appreciated by this a newbie.

-dave
    8)