Thread: Thinking out loud. Would you race at Nashville Superspeedway

Default Thinking out loud. Would you race at Nashville Superspeedway

Just thinking about potential venues in the future for a SEDIV race since the "home" track is not viable at the moment. Has anyone run at the Nashville Superspeedway? Good? Bad? Indifferent? I know they will let you run at night. Hmmmm, SARRC and nightime enduro? What do you think?
    Barry H.

I recently accompanied Steve Tompkins, SEDIV Solo I Steward, to Nashville Superspeedway to do a Safety Inspection for possible Solo I events. It passed.
    We did about 8 laps (in SUV) of the road course. I think a Club Racing course safety inspection is warranted, and I would expect it to pass with changes that have been made. I expect it would drive a bit like the Rockingham road course which was a bit quirky but definately fun.
    At least management there knows motorsports! They were putting in SAFER walls while we were there.
    Let's talk at Jeykll.
    Bill Perry

I was pretty excited when I first heard that the track would include a road course but they apparently screwed it up. I haven't been there but talked to SCCA drivers after they did a NASA event there and there were real problems w/ the layout, specifically the oval-infield transition and the close proximity of some walls to corners. It is my understanding that it either flunked SCCA inspection or they didn't even bother. If they have made changes that would allow us to race there, I would get excited again.

------------------
    Bill Denton
    87/89 ITS RX-7
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

I'd go

The track has undergone significant changes. For example, the back straight was raised 8 feet! This required rework of the road course, and the walls are back more now. Tire walls are in place.

new track 4.5hr tow when? i"ll be ther!

The oval/roadcourse transitions at the revised Nashville Superspeedway are like all the other rovals. I judge them to be a bit worse than Lowes, but a wee bit better than Rockingham and definately better than
    AMS. Back straight is pretty good but front is abrupt, mostly because you hit them at higher speeds. They need management of the racing line by the driver, like all other rovals.
    A beautiful facility, with lots of garages being added and available for our use.