Thread: "Regional" Race at CMP on Oct. 16-17

Default "Regional" Race at CMP on Oct. 16-17

Any idea what this is? Is it a SARRC? Not much information on line, no schedule, etc., just an entry form.

Jeff

It looks like an interesting race with the payouts. I'm hearing grumblings of the event being cancelled if there are'nt enough entries. Is anyone here planning on going?

Steve

Schedule and stuff is up on the CCR web site now. I'd go if I'd have found out about it earlier.

------------------
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing

CCR website now says this event is cancelled. It seems to me that the event was put on the schedule too late. I plan the races that I will run pretty far in advance. Like Lefty said, if I'd known about it sooner I might have entered too. I was told that the reason for the cancellation is not enough entries. I hope the region keeps trying to put on this event and/or others like it.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Same here, it is tough for me to make plans to go to a race on a few weeks notice, even as close as VIR or CMP.

Was this one that was just put on by the region? Interesting. I was not aware that the regions did this, without it being part of a series.

Jeff... There are about 12 races on the 2004 SEDIV schedule that are "regionals". 2005 has a half dozen or so including the Oct. CMP event. However, most of the regional only races seem to be in the Florida regions.

P.S. How did you do at the SIC? Who won?

Long weekend for me, starting with the clutch slave going out as I loaded teh car on Friday. "Fixed it" temporarily at 10 p.m. and didn't get down there until middle of the night.

Started last due to a bum transponder. Fixed that an lost the brakes on lap 2 or so. Used the engine to brake and limped through the race staying out of the fast guys' way.

As they came by me a lap or so from the end, it looked like Echerich-Thompson-Van Steenberg(ITA)-Stubbs overall/ITS. I believe Ricky Thompson took IT7.

How is the Silver Bullet? VIR at the end of October? Tell Bryan I said hello.

Jeff

I've been holding off on the entry form for VIR until I got word from the new job on wether I'd be in town. As of now it looks like I'll be getting back from Hong Kong on Friday, so I should be able to go. As for the car, it is ready to go. It came off of the track last time running great and we've just tweeked and tuned a little. See ya there!

Steve