From the "why didn't I think of this last month department!"
I am putting this topic up in the hope that someone else will pick up the ball and run with it.
I was watching TV tonight and saw grown men racing on tricycles! I thought It would be neat to have a benifit tricycle race for the Candlelighters Kids at Sebring!
No, I dont mean take a wheel off you IT car and try a lap at Sebring. We have all seen that and it dosent work very well.
I mean have us race car drivers pay an "entry fee" of, say fifty dollars. We get provided with a tricycle, (need someone to donate them) and a cone course, and may the best man win! No classes, No "senior" or "junior" classes. Just put up yer money, get on the trike, and race. (In full race gear with helmet, of course) All the proceeds go to charity, and the winner gets a trophy with a gold trike on top!
And to make it a tradition, he has to give the trophy to the next years winner.
I know it would be next to impossible to pull this off in the next ten days, but, here's a thought, we could do it at the Thanksgiving race. Mabey even bring your own tricycle and donate it to toys-for-tots, or a similiar organization after the race!!!!!!
Thats it for now. Like I said, I am putting this out there and hope someone else likes it and will run with it. My plate is full. Tammy is due in about 6 or 7 weeks, and I wont be racing again till next year.
Oh, if it happens, pleezzze, mount a video camara on the handle bars!!!
Rodney Williamson
#93 IT7
www.titaniummotorsports.com