Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Atlanta for the rookie

SportsCar GT has RA on it as a standard track. The GTQ class should approximate your lap times, and you can dial in the car to approximate the handling of your car. You can run from 2 laps to 24 hours, so have fun with it!

P.S. - Get a wheel... the keyboard doesn't cut it.

------------------
    -Marcello Canitano
    www.SilverHorseRacing.com

Fleet,
    What car and color are you driving?

I resent your characterization of SE drivers, but if you are who I think you are (I was at the Roebling school this year) I might be more understanding

Jeff,
    How did it go this past weekend at Road Atlanta? What did you think of the track? Are the drivers mean and evil as described, or are they just some intense competitors?

Had a blast, great track, and a GREAT group of people. Had technical issues on Saturday, and four or five guys helped work on the car all day, got it running and I raced Sunday. Thansk to Mike, Ed, Trey and Matthew on that.

Race was great. I'm new and slow as hell, but had some decent racing at the back with a 944 and a CRX for a few laps. Leaders came by fast but were courteous. I farked up and got in the way of Tristan Smith in 5, but he was very kind about it later.

All in all, everything I heard was wrong. Track is great if you respect the places where you can get in trouble, and the people are as good as they get. I'll be back, hopefully going faster.

Originally posted by JeffYoung:
    Had a blast, great track, and a GREAT group of people. Had technical issues on Saturday, and four or five guys helped work on the car all day, got it running and I raced Sunday. Thansk to Mike, Ed, Trey and Matthew on that.

Race was great. I'm new and slow as hell, but had some decent racing at the back with a 944 and a CRX for a few laps. Leaders came by fast but were courteous. I farked up and got in the way of Tristan Smith in 5, but he was very kind about it later.

All in all, everything I heard was wrong. Track is great if you respect the places where you can get in trouble, and the people are as good as they get. I'll be back, hopefully going faster.
    Don't go letting that get around now... everyone will want to come down here and race! Oh wait, after 107 cars started Saturday's race at Sebring, I'd have to say everyone IS down here!!

Glad to hear you had a good time, welcome.

------------------
    -Marcello Canitano
    www.SilverHorseRacing.com