Originally posted by Fleetcare:

This is one of those things that just pisses me off.. I have raced in South Africa and watched production car racing in 2 other countries.. i can say that the SE boys are rough! Just talk to anyone @ BMWCCA and ask.. A LARGE NUMBER of BMWCCA drivers left SCCA because of unnessesary roughness..

Well talk to me then. I came from BMWCCA CR. I was there for quite a number of years. THere has been no "large number" of BMW drivers leaving SCCA for BMW CR. There isn't even a "large" number of BMW CR drivers in BMW CR. The actual fact is that most of the cross over is people coming from BMW to SCCA. I did it and so did a pretty large number of my friends. Now if you have a vintage BMW or some 80K M3 and you want to eliminate as much of a possibility of contact as you can then you go to BMWCCA CR where there are serious penalties for that. It's strict too. Even single car incidents get you a 13/13.

The SE is not smash up derby and is nothing like Fleetcare is implying. Road Atlanta is incredible and the locals KNOW how to get around the slower guys without hurting anyone.

Lastly don't let Fleetcare be your basis for anything derogatory about RA or the SE. FWIW he only got through his rookie school at the begining of 2003. Nothing wrong with that by any means but just what kind of base of real experience can one make with such a short time in the subject matter???

Robbie