Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lime Rock...who's going ?

Default Lime Rock...who's going ?

Well even though the price makes my arse hurt..We just finished the car and looking forward to finally getting on the track. I've missed most of the season and have decided to bite the bullet.
    Just wondering who else is going ?

John VanDenburgh
    ITC Rabbit 05

John;
    see you there!!!

Tim Mullen

Hmm... only 13 ITA cars? Is there a LRP boycott going on? I may save my $ for the Summit Point double.

Yeah maybe they'll put all the IT classes together and the SM's together ? Knock out a coupla race groups and maybe give us more track time ? Well it makes sence IMO.

John VanDenburgh
    ITC Rabbit 05

Originally posted by Rabbit05:
    Well even though the price makes my arse hurt..We just finished the car and looking forward to finally getting on the track. I've missed most of the season and have decided to bite the bullet.
    Just wondering who else is going ?

John VanDenburgh
    ITC Rabbit 05
    John - I too have been slow starting this season. Hoping to see you Friday. Just received a notice to serve Jury Duty Friday. I call Thursday noght to find out if I go.

Looks like we have a good field. Should I bring extra rubber for you?
    Tim Klvana
    ITC #11

Hey Tim,
    Well if you got tires laying around, sure .I have the tires from last year ...but I am not sure how good they are going to be. And hey, going racing is a perfect excuse to get out of Jury duty !

Hope to see ya there !

John VanDenburgh
    ITC Rabbit 05

Originally posted by Jake:
    Hmm... only 13 ITA cars? Is there a LRP boycott going on? I may save my $ for the Summit Point double.

Smartest decision I've heard yet. Spend less for the Labor Day dbl at Summit than a 1 day race (w/ what, 30 min. of track time?) at LRP.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

Originally posted by Bill Miller:

Smartest decision I've heard yet. Spend less for the Labor Day dbl at Summit than a 1 day race (w/ what, 30 min. of track time?) at LRP.
    LOL. So it's a done deal. First LRP regional I skipped in 3 years. So who's going to the Labor Day Dbl at Summit?

Originally posted by Bill Miller:

will you be racing Bill?

ell, there IS the other side of the story Bill....it might not be cheap, but it IS easy! An hour and a few minutes away...Summit?? ohhh... 5 or 6 hours! That kills the cost difference right there!

Also, while the paddocking at Lime Rock isn't perfect, I've heard absolute horror stories about Summit.

And yea, Lime Rock isn't a Road America or Laguna Seca, but neither is Summit!

But....the Labor Day thing sounds cool, I think it's worth a try...

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Well????

Guest Guest

Originally posted by GregAmy@Aug 7 2005, 09:56 PM
    Well????
    [snapback]57904[/snapback]
    Well don't know officially. There were stewarts actions. :angry:

ITS
    1st ben phillips 103.386
    2nd paul bereron 103.398
    3rd wesley saunders 103.430

ITA
    1st rick benazic 103.288
    2nd anthony serra 102.479 (started from the back)
    3rd richard hunter 103.433 (started from the back)
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

one full course caution on the 1st lap taking out a civic and a its rx7.3 ITS cars crahing while leading onto no name. the race was a little crazy. can you say bent sheetmetal. what added to the fun was that we qualified in the rain. there was fast cars in the back and slow cars in the front. rick ITA #
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Originally posted by dazzlesa@Aug 8 2005, 11:30 AM
    what added to the fun was that we qualified in the rain. there was fast cars in the back and slow cars in the front. rick ITA #
    [snapback]57919[/snapback]
    Hey. I take a little offense to that, as I qualified on the pole!

If my car wasn't overheating, I might have been able to make a race out of it. Those slow yellow flag laps let everyone catch up to me. Maybe next time.

Jeremy
    "It's a fact..."

sorry jeremy. you are not classified as a slower car and you spanked everybody to take the pole. fix that damn thing! thats 2 races in a row that you made my life easier.
    anthony and rich were coming like there lives depended on it.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Guest_Tkczecheredflag_* Guest

Since John started thsi thread I don't want to take away his thunder. ITC was a very exciting race. John's 05 Bunny was cookin. I had to start from the rear but was able to batlle with John for a bunch of laps early. The #25 SSM of Robert Karl, Sr took me out wiith three laps to go - I had John in my gun sights to take back the lead and this Yahoo was in about 7th position - a real unsafe move entering Big Bend from Karl, he came in to hot and couldn't stop. My video shows a solid car width for him on the inside, he claims I came down on him. He hit me in the rear quarted in Big Bend - It could have been a great finish. John drove a very skillfull race. Congrats to John!!!

Tim Klvana
    ITC#11
    2002 NERRC Champion
    2003 NARRC Champion

Guest_Rabbit05_* Guest

Tim, I must say that was one of the best races I have been in ever! The Miatas did pose a problem obviously....and to come to think of it it was also the #25 Miata , one of the Karls that almost took me off as well. He hit me square in the rear going into big bend and i have video of him on numerous occasions chopping my nose off. Now i know in the heat of a race , things get a little hairy, but WE WEREN'T EVEN IN HIS CLASS ! If you cant tell the difference from a box like VW or a CRX...from a Miata...well you get the picture. I just don't understand that some drivers in other classes feel the need to race you like its for the win and you are going to get one million bucks....Like Tim said ,we were all like 6th-8th over all. I just feel that is unnecccary....well enough ranting.
    Tim, the race was awesome, and was hoping to have a clean race with just me and you to the finish. ! I hope to see you all at the Glen for the double.

John VanDenburgh
    ITC Rabbit 05

Guest_Tkczecheredflag_* Guest

John - I agree completely on the class issue.
    I'm not sure if I had anything for you at the end (my tires were going away a bit)but it would have been nice to race you to the finish line. I heard the announcer Greg was having a field day with us in the PA.
    I must say, you drove one hell of a race. You placed the SSM boys between us nicely and drove the wheels off the car. It's my priviledge to race with a guy like you. You run a very clean, skillful race. I look forward to more batlles in the future.

Tim Klvana
    ITC #11
    2002 NERRC Champion
    2003 NARRC Champion

Kevin Guest

Originally posted by Guest_Tkczecheredflag_*@Aug 8 2005, 10:38 AM
    Since John started thsi thread I don't want to take away his thunder. ITC was a very exciting race. John's 05 Bunny was cookin. I had to start from the rear but was able to batlle with John for a bunch of laps early. The #25 SSM of Robert Karl, Sr took me out wiith three laps to go - I had John in my gun sights to take back the lead and this Yahoo was in about 7th position - a real unsafe move entering Big Bend from Karl, he came in to hot and couldn't stop. My video shows a solid car width for him on the inside, he claims I came down on him. He hit me in the rear quarted in Big Bend - It could have been a great finish. John drove a very skillfull race. Congrats to John!!!

Tim Klvana
    ITC#11
    2002 NERRC Champion
    2003 NARRC Champion
    [snapback]57955[/snapback]

I was the Miata right behind you and Karl, I don't know what he was thinking. You had just cought and passed us a few laps earlier. I am not sure how he got that run on you going down the main straight, but there was no way he was going to make the pass. He locked up and hit you. Makes no sense to race out of class, there were no miata's in front of you. I personally enjoyed the mix of classes.

Kevin