Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MARRS 5 Results?

Default MARRS 5 Results?

Anybody got the ITS results from MARRS 5 at Summit Point this weekend?

i won....

mark lapos second

wayne burstein third

brian shipman fourth

got the results sheet out in the car. need more info?

marshall

What cars was everyone driving? I know Wayne runs a 240Z.

bmw
    rx7
    240z
    bmw

lap times were a little off, the 240z actually had the fastest race time.

Thanks.

So what's up with Ed? Hasn't he missed both races since the 12 Hour? Or is he converting his car to ITE after running on the track with the ITE BMW at the 12 Hour??

I hate to say it, but it's nice to see some different names at the top of the lists for a change..... and it seems that without his and Sam's car there, the races are a lot more competitive to say the least.

Any pics of the event?

Originally posted by 2Many Z's:
    So what's up with Ed? Hasn't he missed both races since the 12 Hour? Or is he converting his car to ITE after running on the track with the ITE BMW at the 12 Hour??

I hate to say it, but it's nice to see some different names at the top of the lists for a change..... and it seems that without his and Sam's car there, the races are a lot more competitive to say the least.
    His car was there, but with a different driver (new owner I think).

Originally posted by EV:
    His car was there, but with a different driver (new owner I think).
    Rumor has it that Ted will be driving Ed's car for the season and that Ted's car will be sold to make way for a new project.

ed york is done with its. he is building a grand am cup car for next year, so for the rest of this season he is crewing for ted.

ted bought ed's chassis and put his motor in it. ted's car is for sale.

sam wrecked his car at marrs 9 last year. his new its bmw is almost done. he will be back for the august marrs race.

ed ran an its bmw at the 12hr. it was ed and ted's green enduro car. they each had an its sprint car and they have a joint enduro car. all its.

Guess Ed has decided to move up to Grand Am and find some competition.
    I thought maybe Ed saw what the ITE BMW was running and decided to strip his out further and go run in ITE for more fun and competition since it looks like the E36 isn't going to have a Production class to run in anytime soon.

marrs 5 its results at:
    http://offtotheraces.net/m505res2.TXT

I thought maybe Ed saw what the ITE BMW was running and decided to strip his out further and go run in ITE for more fun and competition since it looks like the E36 isn't going to have a Production class to run in anytime soon.
    oops, misread your post. thought you meant he DROVE an ite bmw...

That's OK, I probably should have said I was there for the 12 Hour and saw more than I'd have liked.... I told Jeff, John and Marty they were nuts being out there in a SSM the way some of those guys in SM were driving....

I had a feeling the ITE BMW wouldn't be able to keep up the pace they were setting for 12 hours, but they did last a lot longer than I thought they would.

Back to the thread, I sure wish someone had told me that Ed wasn't going to run the last 2 races, seems I've missed out on the best races in ITS in the past 3-4 years.
    Funny how 3 makes of cars can all post a fast race lap within .5 second of each other when Ed and Sam's car isn't there.

[This message has been edited by 2Many Z's (edited July 11, 2005).]

steve hoffman in his acura missed the last race. if he was there he would have been in the top 2 or three for sure. that would make 4 makes of cars within .5 secs. it is a blast having all the cars running together.

ITA - ITB Results:
    http://offtotheraces.net/m505res1.TXT

ITC - Spec7 Results:
    http://offtotheraces.net/m505res4.TXT

------------------
    -dave
    nerdsracing.com
    8)

Anyone watch the ITA race? I was on the fourth row at the start and saw Bill and Greg crash out - that was scary fast, but spectacular! Glad they are both alright. Sean Cristie and I had a great battle for 3rd - I was behind him on the attack for about 6 laps until my tires and brakes started to fade away and I had a monster slide in 3, that allowed Sean to pull out of range so I drove to a comfortable 4th place finish, it was good racing!

------------------
    www.teamdriverswanted.com

Larry
    I watched the start of the ITA/ITB race from the top of the tower. The waved off first start was a great call on the part of the starter. The restart, which was not waved off but should have been was a disaster. For example:
    1. The pole sitter was going WAY TOO FAST. An SCCA race is a done with a "rolling" start not a "flying" start. Most of the front half of the field was in fouth gear at Start/Finish.
    2. The starter should have NEVER showed the green flag. Because of the speed of the pole sitter and the fact that the back third of the field (slower ITB cars) was not even around turn ten yet.
    3.The poor decisions made by the drivers on the second row of the grid. That proceeded to cause a two car crash that could have been much worse than it actually was. I am glad that no one was hurt. I am also glad that the two drivers were able to handle the issue between themselves and did not have to involve the stewards.

I was very glad to see that the rest of the pack handled themselves appropriately when they came upon incident.

Congratulations on your good finish. As tired as Sean looked when i talked to him in impound you must have made him work for it.

cheers
    "dangerous" dave parker
    wdcr ITC#97

[This message has been edited by dave parker (edited July 12, 2005).]

so that's why the starts were so f'ed up! I should have asked, but I was worried about what happened to Bill and Greg when i got out of the car. I am so glad they are both all right. The wreck looked bad from where I was.
    On the first start, the field was moving so fast that us back markers thought the race was on (couldn't see the tower) and we got on it. By the time we realized it had been waved, we were coming up on the front half of the field FAST. I got forced off track by a bimmer trying to stop without hitting anyone!
    Same with the second start, we were moving fast going through 10, and again, I had to assume the race was on (couldn't see the turn 10 flaggers behind me, and no way to see the tower).

After that, I was fighting the car, and ended up running with the ITB cars for the most part. During my short stint with some ITA folks, I overcooked turn 1 and watched them take off while the dust settled... Live and learn. At least, I now have my novice permit signed off!