Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NHIS Double July 9/10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll be glad to work a corner also. I'll check at regsitrationa and submit my name.

Thanks,

Ben

I have to take my hat off to a turn 3 corner worker on Saturday. I was watching the ITS when an RX7 went straight into the barrier between 3 and 10. This 110lb corner worker jumped down with exstingusher and crept all the way across in front of the barrier to check on the driver. Although there was a standing yellow, NOBODY was slowing down (and there was even a pass or two.....). She then lead the driver off to the side.

That took a LOT of guts!! I know that the workers do this all the time but this one hit home with me!! She deserved a standing "O" for that performance.

Also, nice job by the Vantage guys from Canada. I'll buy the beer if you DON'T come down again!!

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi

[This message has been edited by JLawton (edited July 11, 2005).]

she got right out there

------------------
    Doug
    NER.org webmaster
    the16v.com Photography
    briansgarage.com

Credit goes to Eileen McStay, corner worker/flagger extrodinaire for more years that you'd think just looking at her! Grant McStay is her husband, and he too has worked more corners than most of us have raced...and after awhile, he took the plunge and has joined us on the other side....he now drives (very well, I might add, congrats go to him for his ITA 'Lite" win yesterday) an ITA RX-7. It's Petty blue, so feel free to say hi and thanks to them the next time you're cruising the paddock.

(And that RX-7 MOVED the cement barrier a foot, BTW)

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Doug, nice shot (as always)

Grant, let your wife know she has given this racer a whole new prospective on what our workers do and go through!! She's the BOMB!

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi

Results, anyone?

Family matters intervened and prevented my participation (first July weekend I've missed even attending in 7 years). Curious as to how the ITA battle went.

-noam
    #18 ITA BMW Z3

saturday
    shepard
    hunter
    mushhnick
    victor
    rick
    dominick
    steven garrieran
    brian
    grant
    mark carpentar
    sunday
    rick
    hunter
    mushnick
    domininick
    mark carpentar
    brett bogart
    shepard
    grant mcstay
    jake gulick
    jake fisher

Full ITB Results anyone???

Also for all any "great" races and or mishaps that we would all be interested in???

I was at the Glenn for the National, we had over 300 entrants and I believe that at NHIS you had well over 200 entrants... Its great to see that between 2 Northeast tracks we had over 500 people racing!!! SCCA and Racing in general is going/growing strong

Raymond

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    Full ITB Results anyone???

Also for all any "great" races and or mishaps that we would all be interested in???

I was at the Glenn for the National, we had over 300 entrants and I believe that at NHIS you had well over 200 entrants... Its great to see that between 2 Northeast tracks we had over 500 people racing!!! SCCA and Racing in general is going/growing strong

Raymond
    ITB ran with SM this weekend in a schedule change due to the 55 Miata's signed up between SM and SSM. Not many ITBers were super thrilled but it would be interesting to hear the thoughts post race.

As usual, the Vantage team was there and strong. I think Carlson tool Sat and Lugar took Sunday. The best part about seeing them is that they ALWAYS look like they are having fun. THAT is great.

We had 3 ITS RX-7's, 1 ITA Miata, and 3 Spec Miata's running...all came home safe along with a couple checkers.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

How was the pigroast this year?

I was just checking in to see how things have been going. I'm on the cape working 6 days a week and Haven't seen the racetrack yet this year I'll check back again in August when I come home again.

Hope your all having a great year!

Stephen Blethen
    ITB Blue/Silver Audi Coupe

PS: Congrats to Derek for being the first person I can remember to beat Scott in a long time! I have yet to be able to beat him! Maybe next year

[This message has been edited by RSTPerformance (edited July 11, 2005).]

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt:
    Not many ITBers were super thrilled but it would be interesting to hear the thoughts post race.
    Oooooh, I am so biting my tongue!!!!

I had a loooong statement written but decided it wasn't worth it!!

I also read the rant on the Miata board about the protests. It goes to show you why we don't like running with them when they complain about being protested AFTER THEY HIT SOMEONE!! Not the right attitude to have......

I would rather run with the ITS guys any day!!

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi

Originally posted by JLawton:
    Oooooh, I am so biting my tongue!!!!

I had a loooong statement written but decided it wasn't worth it!!

I also read the rant on the Miata board about the protests. It goes to show you why we don't like running with them when they complain about being protested AFTER THEY HIT SOMEONE!! Not the right attitude to have......

I would rather run with the ITS guys any day!!

Is "THEY" the majority? How was your race Jeff? I was right behind Scott and Derek Sunday. Outstanding race between the two. I have raced next to Paul Curran and would anyday.

I was talking to somebody who said there were a lot of crap drivers in SM...and I pointe dout that most classes have a certain percentage of drivers we all don't like to be near...and that # goes up when there are 55 Miata at the track any given weekend!

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt

How to caption this one?

got about 600 images to go thru from the weekend

Originally posted by 16v:
    How to caption this one?
    How about:

"Don't shoot until you see the whites of his eyes..."

Where was this? Grid?

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt

nope, at speed in the chicane. About a foot away from the other car

So Jim, If an ITB hits an ITB that is different than being hit by a SM? I'm biting my tongue as well. I would love to see 30 ITBs in a race......why are there so many racers in Miatas? Sorry, I'm tried of people pointing fingers at "those Miata Guys"

Yes, there was some interesting stuff both days in ITA, courtesy of Victor (me).
    Apologies to the whole ITA/ITC field on Sunday at the start as I limped along from 2nd place to 30th, and kudos for not ramming me. I was having some computer issues, but I managed to stay out of everyone's way and finish (not last) 18 laps. I have not DNF'd in 4 years and I wasn't going to start yesterday!
    On Saturday in an awesome race (in my opinion) with Jeremy about halfway through I took turn 2 coming out the oval too wide and got loose in the marbles. Managed to miss the back straight wall after doing a 360 plus a 180. Worked my way back to 4th and I was happy. Good weekend all around, some issues too, but that's racing.
    Victor
    03 ITA

I was actually pretty happy to be running with SM this weekend, not that I have an issue with ITS either. (Hoping I can get some of the Swedish Pit in me.) I had 19 cars (some ITB cars) within 1 second of my time. Pretty freakn' cool!! And this is said after getting a "ding" on my car from a SM. O.k. So even duck tape can't repair this one.

Sat. - Watching Carlson qualify in the wet was amazing! Seriously. On Sunday I was right behind him for at least a 1/4 lap during qualifying but just couldn't keep his pace. O.k. I totally don't get NHIS and can't seem to find any flow there. But still I had a fun weekend and enjoyed hanging out with the guys and gals.

Too bad about Paul Curran's car issues. Hopefully he'll get things straightened out for the NARRC.

Jeff - I wonder what times you'd be doing with some Hoosiers or the new Kuhmos? I don't think you give yourself enough credit. (Think Labor Day Summit Point!)

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER ITB #13
    '87 Honda Prelude si

Wasn't at the track, but I must say that when I (an ITB driver) have been grouped with SM or SSM I have enjoyed driving with 95% of them. They have all "Raced" me without any issues (from my end anyway ). That could be though because the front running ITB cars generally run with the Front running SM or SSM cars in my races past (not sure if that is still the case or not). Generally every large class gets a percentage of poorer drivers the further back in the pack you go. (and NO to those that have slow cars but drive well, I don't mean you!!!)

Raymond "I would rather sun with SM or SSM than in mid pack ITS" Blethen

Originally posted by biovic:
    ...I took turn 2 coming out the oval too wide and got loose in the marbles. Managed to miss the back straight wall after doing a 360 plus a 180. Victor
    03 ITA
    Victor,

There wasn't ONE person who was watching from T3 who thought you weren't going HARD into the concrete. It was a GREAT SAVE. For those who didn't see it, picture one of Tony Stewart's 'spin-down-the-straight-and-keep-it-off-the-wall-AND-end-up-going-the-right-way' type of deals...

Sweet.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt