Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lime Rock July 5th IT Pro Race

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. I have been on the otherside of the braking contest and lost as well. I wont be in NH as I usually run more southern venues. Is Daskam the Prelude? from my viewpoint he did not have position on me. his tire marks are behind my door. doesnt he need to be in front of my door to be considered for a clean pass?

[This message has been edited by andrew240z (edited July 06, 2005).]

I'll keep the tape in the trailer for our next Lime Rock together. I'll supply the beer. You supply the next tape that will HOPEFULLY show me in front of you!!!
    Cheers!
    Rob

andrew240Z-

"doesn't he need to be past my door"

not IMO... Both people need to leave some room and remember that if the tire mark was on your door where was the front of his car???

Wasn't at the event didn't see anything, so my comments are NOT in relation to this incident or any others mentioned above in this crazy series of upset postings. Looks like this race was a wreak... I am sure the fans loved is but I am Glad I missed it

Raymond "wow, this is better than racing I think " Blethen

Congrats to Reilly, Sabetello and Greggory - 1st, 2nd and 3rd in ITS - I heard the report all three had excellent, clean runs. Those ITA guys are putting us to shame at LRP!

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    NNJR BoD - Treasurer
    [email protected]
    NNJR

Noooowwwww Ben.....don't make me dig up the list of ITS screwups I've seen! LOL...

And, of the two cars that were real blockers to me, one was the ITA Porsche and the other an ITA neon.

So it's fairly even to me...not to mention this was a predominately ITA race as you ITS boys were all of on luxurious vacations..

And, as a commnet on the post regarding how far alongside you need to be, I think you'll find general agreement that a tire mark on your door is evidence that the passer indeed had rights to the corner.

I know that if I was that far alongside, I'd be steamed if I had the door slammed on me.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Where the tire mark really doesn't mean much. I could do a dive bomb move, get one of my pretty front tires beyond 1/2 way on your car then call it the other driver's fault.

I was a bit surprised that I honestly enjoyed watching the ITA / ITS race even more than the ALMS. Although those cars were pretty amazing! The start was pretty nuts and I thought there was going to be many more cars involved and damaged.

Jake - want to borrow some duct tape for your beaten-up car? I've got color choices of yellow and red. :P Too bad to see your car get damaged like that but glad to see you were able to race with one less caliper working.

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER ITB #13
    '87 Honda Prelude si