I received the CT emissions notification for my prelude, and am at a bit of a loss as what to do. If I had a full trailer it would not be a problem but because I use a tow dolly, I am required to have the car registered. A very long story made short, I found out that the tow dolly does not need to be registered because it become a part of the car.

I spoke with the DMV and emissions department about potential options, but they were unable to figure anything out. (They were actually helpful when I called this time. Wow!) The parade plate, composite registration, off-road registration will not work. I can not afford a trailer, so that is not an option. The exhaust would be a real pain in the butt to put the cat back on then take off after with the way my exhaust is set-up. I really, really don’t want to go down that path. I did confirm that even if passes emissions, it still needs the cat.

I did find out that I can claim the car non-working which would buy me five months to figure something out. But then what? If I had property in another state that does not require emissions, I’d go that route. Right now I’m at a loss. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave
[email protected]

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si