Thread: Quick car number question

Default Quick car number question

Lets say you run an ITS car and your number is 011, and you are grouped with ITB, can there be an B car with 001 too? Dont want to number my car then at every event change the number. And what is the criteria about numbers, who gets first rights, the guy who registers first?? Thanks

It seems to all depend on how the run groups are set for each regional series, whether NARRC, NYSRRC, or MARRS.

I know for the NARRC series, SSM is grouped for numbering purposes with Showroom Stock, so any Showroom Stock entry with my number would trump me.

Visit the Northeast Division web site for an explanation and information for the specific reserved numbers contact: http://webpages.charter.net/super7/aboutnumbers.html

You will want to pre-register for a number. Look in this section for directions.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    ITA project SM
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Originally posted by Scott Koschwitz:

Visit the Northeast Division web site for an explanation and information for the specific reserved numbers contact: http://webpages.charter.net/super7/aboutnumbers.html
    Well, that's my web site, not the divisions, but since Marianne is the Division (National) and NARRC number Czar, it applies.

We look at how cars are grouped every few years and adjust how we group them for numbers. Since every region does it their own way, it's a crap shoot. This year, the NARRC committee was asked to work on a standard set of run groups, and they decided not to. If you are unhappy with not having your reserved numbers because of ever changing race groups, then tell your RE, who is on the NARRC committee.

Showroom stock numbers do NOT "Trump" anyone. SSM does not, either.

Basically, they are grouped in the same list, so, if you had the number last year, you have November to re-reserve it. After December 1st, it's first come first serve, reguardless of class, based on when you sent in your request (Letter, e-mail, or phone).

If you annoy Marianne, forget getting a number this year. (We did this ONCE in the last 10 years to a national driver who was being a whining PITA.)

p.s. As far as I know, we are the ONLY division in the entire country that does not charge for reserved numbers.

p.p.s. Last year, we processed over 2,500 e-mails related to numbers, so if one or two get messed up, please understand. Besides, we don't charge for it.

ralph
    thank you for your service. nothing is perfect but thus works pretty darn good
    dick