I think the normal NARRC race should continue as it has in years past, running 2 configurations of the long course.

I think the second weekend would be awesome if:

1: It had NARRC points

2: It was run as suggested having half the field run 1 course 1 day and the other course the other day, and visa versa. Think of the track time!!! and races that were more than 8 laps... wow that would be awesome!!! Not to mention it would basically add 2 more tracks (same location) to the NARRC schedule. 4 very different configurations at 1 location...

3: Almost as important to me is that the events at Pocono need to become consistent. You need to determine the "best" configurations whether it is 1 or 4 and run the event(s) with the same configuration each year so that we as competitors can get better and have our own individual goals. As it is now the configurations change form year to year, and we have no idea if we are getting better or not. I am not opposed to having different configurations at each event in a year, just opposed to having different configurations from year to year.

4: Need to maintain track records... I still have not seen terry or anyone else say whether or not this has been overlooked. Does anyone know what the records are???

5: Need to have more than 1 ambulance at the track... (Probably need at least 3 if you run 2 racetracks at the same time). Last year someone had a heart attack at the track (thankfully they were all right) and the entire event had to shut down for several hours because we (SCCA) were not prepared for any type of medical problems.

6: Don't forget about those trophies

Raymond "I think we are getting somewhere!!!" Blethen

[This message has been edited by RSTPerformance (edited February 11, 2004).]