Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WGI Fun one, 08/18, 08/19

Originally posted by ITZ34:
    Your recollection is not quite the same as the facts. Trying to force me into the guardrail at speed at the 200 ft mark so you can get optimum line instead of passing on the inside is not quite punting. My crew also heard the corner worker on the scanner call in that I was tagged by your car. And frankly, I'm not interested in the contents of your underwear, but I suspect it the same as the contents of your hat.

Dave Ciufo
    ITS 240Z # 34

Dave:
    I didn't see the incident that you and Ray had on Sunday, but frankly I had some real issues with your driving "manners" everytime I had to deal with you. You blocked me a number of times when I was trying to pass you and made it rather risky to get the job done. I appreciate the humbling fact that you have an ITS car that is being passed by a number of ITA cars, but next time think about being in the other guy's driving shoes.

Tom:

It doesn't bother me to be passed by a fast ITA car or any other faster car. I wasn't trying to block you or anyone else, but don't expect me to relinquish the best line and wave you by... especially at the Glen, where you can pass almost everywhere. If I think I'm holding someone up for extended time, I will try to let them through, especially if they're battling someone else in their class, but don't expect a gimme from me just because you pull up behind me.

Dave Ciufo

Gentlemen - it's all about respect. On and off the track. Ray - I appreciate your were pissed but nobody wants or deserves to be publically slammed on this forum. Only makes for bad blood. Dave, you should say sorry if Ray thought you ruined his race - he was stuck and probably major pissed and is also running high in the points. If you guys tangled you owe each other an apology at the track - not here. I had a guy pound in the side of my car at NHIS two weekends ago and push me into the dirt. (Before my hub sheared and my wheel went airbourn-probably related to the beating.) Man was I pissed. He came over and said sorry. I wanted to tell him a thing or two but I figured saying, "hey, you didn't do it on purpose" would be the better way. At least I didn't say anything I regretted.

Everybody drive the line and be safe.

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    [email protected]
    NNJR

PS - that was before the Sunday race when the same spot on my car got hammered again. (different driver) The guy came by and said sorry and with a smile and gritted teeth I said, "hey, it's not like you did it on purpose."

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    [email protected]
    NNJR

Your recollection is not quite the same as the facts. Trying to force me into the guardrail at speed at the 200 ft mark so you can get optimum line instead of passing on the inside is not quite punting.
    Dave Ciufo
    ITS 240Z # 34
    Ahhh! So there is a person behind the name. If I squeezed you then I'm sorry. The fact still remains. I just did a downshift and was about to turn in when the bump occurred. I was almost a full car length past you based on the yellow paint from the left front corner of your front bumper that was left on the right rear bumper of my car. I left you a whole lane to use but I guess that wasn't enough. If someone was that far ahead of me and gave me a squeeze, I would back out of it just to avoid any incident. If you want a pic of your paint mark, I'll send it to you. If you had stopped over after the race, I could have showed it you.

My crew also heard the corner worker on the scanner call in that I was tagged by your car.
    Thats rather funny! Since I had the pleasure joining the workers at T9 as they discussed the incident. The story was quite different.
    Maybe someday we can get together and watch some in car video. It is quite entertaining.

Andy B- Let me rephrase. The CS and I discussed. I didn't go in there ranting that I wanted to file a protest.I went in and more or less requested what I should do about the incident and since I approached him in that manner, he suggested that I go find the driver advocate(for lack of a better title due to memory lapse) over at the grid and then go find Mr. David and he could sort of mediate the situation between us. I agreed to do so but then I decided to go find Mr. David myself. But then, another thought came to mind. Why should I go looking for Mr. David, he should be looking for me and I figured if he came over to see me , we could talk over the incident and if he didn't come over I figured one of two things. He thought he did no wrong or he's just a plain ______ . Well, as you all know, he never came over.
    Enough of this. Gotta go fix the car.
    Ray

Ray:

I don't want to get in a p---ing contest with you on this site, but since you started pointing fingers... You tell me how it's my fault that your right rear came together with my left front when you were passing me going into a left hander, unless you chopped me off. You hadn't cleared yet, and caught my corner. If I felt it was my fault, I would have been over to see you before my suit was off. If you want to talk about it instead of trading barbs, email me and I'll give you my phone #

Dave

[email protected]

Hey, how many cars can you get in garage at WG?

------------------
    Nick Leverone
    04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Dave-You've got mail.
    Ray

Nick, at least 2 sm on a side, if you rent the whole garage (2 halves) at least 5or6 sm. dave

Well on the lighter side of things.....

The weather was nice ,although it seemed like it was gonna snow anytime..We had a great time, running with that many cars was interesting..Saturday, with the split start seemed more trouble free than the Sunday start.... But Saturday we got the win in ITC and a new track record and Sunday we finished second....All in all a great weekend for the rabid Rabbit.....

John
    VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITC Rabbit 05

Does anybody have the results from Saturday and Sunday, I never got to pickup the finals.

Ray:

Got it. Kicked it back.

Dave

[quote]Originally posted by Rabbit05:
    [B]
    .... But Saturday we got the win in ITC and a new track record and Sunday we finished second....All in all a great weekend for the rabid Rabbit.....

John,
    Congrats on the track record. What was your time, and what was the old one?
    So who got the win on Sunday, and who else was there from NER??
    Hope to make the NARRC's ,but it may be only as spectator...

Bob
    #25 ITC
    Datsun 510

Two cars in a garage for $60.00, that's great?

------------------
    Nick Leverone
    04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Nick, 2 cars will be real tight would need to nose to tail and would not allow much work room. I know Scot and Ray shared a garage but as I recall if one or the other was working on car the other would pull out to allow more room. Sort of depends on size of the cars. Now with the new "Nascar" doors 20' wide you can pull straight in and out making it easier access.Still not a bad deal if the weather is crappy

------------------
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
    "Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

Hey Bob....On Sunday Meg Meyer got us in a I think 91' Honda Civic....She did a great job and congrats to her..! The old track record, my crew chief keeps all the times/ paper work, I think was a 3:30:00 or around that , we turned a 3:29:500...Now I am not a hundred percent sure on the times but it was somthing like that...Now I'm not sure that I want to sell the car anymore..It s going too good..
    I hope to see ya there...hopfully as a driver..I d love to see a 510 in action. I have a thing for box like cars..

John

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITC Rabbit 05