Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WGI Fun one, 08/18, 08/19

Stephan:

I live in the area. Have room for a rig if that helps

DC

Looks like there will be showers at the glen afterall.
    http://www.weather.com/activities/other/ot...?locid=USNY1528

We're talking deluge from the effects of Ivan. Not good.
    Ray

Ray,

Looked for you this weekend. Drop me an email---anthony422 at aol dot com. Lisa took pitty on you and had a book for you.

Anthony R.
    #86 ITA NER

No one can be certain about that hurricane track.

It could land up in Mexico.

Cheers.

Originally posted by almracing:
    Ray,

Looked for you this weekend. Drop me an email---anthony422 at aol dot com. Lisa took pitty on you and had a book for you.

Anthony R.
    #86 ITA NER
    That is awesome. I'll be at the Glen this weekend and LRP for the Narcoffs in Oct. Maybe I'll see you at one of those events. Thanks Lisa.
    Ray

Ray --

I am done for the season, so you need to email me your address. (see email above) Sorry though... not alot of pictures in this one.

Anthony R.
    #86 ITA NER

Hey all you WGI experts...I seem to remember that for those of us showing up late Friday night, paddocking is in the boonies, and there is no power....is that still the case?

Or, do I need a generator?

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by lateapex911:
    Hey all you WGI experts...I seem to remember that for those of us showing up late Friday night, paddocking is in the boonies, and there is no power....is that still the case?

Or, do I need a generator?

Bring a generator, and some dry clothes I'll be in garage 19A if you need a dry place to stand....

I hope they keep all the IT groups together, that would be alot of fun ! How often do you see all the IT's together, Especially in the NE.....See you all there and dont forget your rain tires....

John ITC Rabbit 05

let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

[This message has been edited by jcmotorsports (edited September 15, 2004).]

Originally posted by jcmotorsports:
    let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!
    I'm all set. Bring it on man. Got ahold of some rain tires today(thanks Richie H), even went out and bought a rain coat.
    Ray

Originally posted by moto62:
    I'm all set. Bring it on man. Got ahold of some rain tires today(thanks Richie H), even went out and bought a rain coat.
    Ray
    ITS POURING

------------------
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
    "Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

It is supposed to let up Saturday AM worst case we will be qualifiying in the wet.....See everyone there.

Originally posted by Weaver7:
    It is supposed to let up Saturday AM worst case we will be qualifiying in the wet.....See everyone there.
    ITS STILL POURING 2:15 PM and ITS & ITA have been moved to Group 7!

------------------
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
    "Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

Did Practice. WOW RAIN FOG I could see my hood pins.Back in the foam at the entrance to the straight, fixed bumper ready to go get chased by 160mph cars in the rain ye ha.
    Scott CRX NER ITA

Woooooo hooooooooo. Whoever didn't go, you missed a great weekend. Bright sunshine both days. Great racing on Sat in ITA on the long course with a battle between Blaney, Serra and myself. You couldn't count the number of times we swapped positions per lap. I had the upper hand late in the race but Tom did a real Kamikaze banzai move on me to take the lead with only three turns left to go,and got the win. Sunday on the short course was a different story. Serra 1st, Blaney 2nd, Liggett 3rd, Scott Haven 4th. Way to go Scotty. Where was I, you ask. Well, I was in the gravel pit at turn 9,I believe,(lefthander)and I have to say this. David Cuifo, #34 ITS 280z, You are an Assh***. You punted me off T9 and it could have been a serious incident. Lucky for me, I ended up in the gravel trap damn near rolling the F***ing the car. The Chief Steward talked me out of filing a protest and since I am really nice guy(I gave Tom the win on sat ) I said OK. But I also thought that you would have had the common decency to at least come over and apologize to me for being stupid driver for a moment or at least check to see if I was ok or how bad was the soil content in my underpants. Doing a full 360 and a half Nelson with a twist is no fun at 90+ mph. Other than that, It was a great weekend. What was even scarier than the spin was the fact that we(ITA and ITS) were grouped with GT1,2,3 etc, AS and a few other super fast cars for Saturdays race but after the race chair and the powers in charge heard our cries, they put us back in with the B and C cars. Whew! Now let's talk about Sat nite dinner. Pig roast, real pig, not BBQ pulled pig from a can, corn, potatoes, baked ziti and salad. Very delicious. A very commendable spread along with beer, beer light, wine and soda, and that was the biggest suck part of the weekend. Noooo, not the beer but the fact that I couldn't have any because I'm on medication. Sucked to be me .
    Overall, Finger Lakes Region put on a great event and from what I could see, everything went rather smooth. Great job.
    Ray

While the Saturday race was a lot of fun; that Sunday nonsense was a complete gong show.

I particularly "liked" the banzai "do or die" shortened qualifying--just an invitation to problems on that "short course".

There was a simple solution to all this which was to move all non-ITA/ITS in Group 6 to the SpecMiata Group.

And as a late group, I don't think a post-race mandatory driver meeting, followed by an impound for top threes is very considerate; we all have lengthy tows home.

Just imagine if the no-shows showed on Sunday.

Cheers.

Originally posted by moto62:
    The Chief Steward talked me out of filing a protest...
    Gotta ask this Ray:

Why would the CS try and 'talk you out of it'? How are things on-track supposed to get any better if drivers aren't held accountable for their actions? Was it just the easiest thing to do?

Disclaimer - I wasn't there, know nothing about this specific incident - just asking in generic terms.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)
    New England Region R188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Your recollection is not quite the same as the facts. Trying to force me into the guardrail at speed at the 200 ft mark so you can get optimum line instead of passing on the inside is not quite punting. My crew also heard the corner worker on the scanner call in that I was tagged by your car. And frankly, I'm not interested in the contents of your underwear, but I suspect it the same as the contents of your hat.

Dave Ciufo
    ITS 240Z # 34

Ray glad you could make it and had somewhat of a good time. Whatever happened to Jake I thought he was coming also?